Windows 10: How to change the boot sequence

Discus and support How to change the boot sequence in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change the boot sequence on W10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnMcCombe, Feb 11, 2019.

1. How to change the boot sequence

How do I change the boot sequence on W10?

:)

JohnMcCombe, Feb 11, 2019

2. Changing the boot sequence on W 10

I am running a Dell computer which I upgraded from VISTA to Windows 7 and then to Windows 10. I would like to change the boot sequence. On booting there are a couple notes at the right bottom of the screen indicating "Press F2 to change settings" or
    "F12 to change boot sequence". Neither of these work. Is there another way to get into BIOS to change the boot sequence?

BobWilburn, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Booting Sequence

Hi,

The boot order applies to any Windows operating system. It's a BIOS setting that can change the boot order of your device. What is the make and model of your device?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your device for the boot sequence since some manufacturer provides certain customization on the operating system.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Joan Pin, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Jerry8AB Win User

How to change the boot sequence

Boot Sequence Windows 10

Boot Sequence –

I am trying to change my boot sequence to where my optical drive is the first option for my Repair Disk.

When I go to the menu listing my boot sequence, I get:

Boot Option 1 Windows Boot Manager

Boot Option 2 Onboard NIC (IPV4)

Boot Option 3 Onboard NIC (IPV6)

These are the boot options I get with the Repair Disk either in or out after I go through the restart process. How do I get the boot process to recognize the Repair Disk as the first option?

Thanks,

Jerry

1/5/17

Jerry8AB, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

How to change the boot sequence

1. How to change the boot sequence - Similar Threads - change boot sequence

2. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  3. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  4. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?: Processor: IntelR CoreCfM i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz; Motherboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA X58A-UD5In the POST display, it says 'Press DEL for BIOS' and 'Press F12 for Boot Sequence'. Pressing DEL, as also pressing F12, gets ignored; StartUp options can be triggered by...
  6. Change Boot Sequence Dell Optiplex 740

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Boot Sequence Dell Optiplex 740: Hi I would like to know how to enter the BIOS screen, on a Dell Optiplex 740, to change the boot sequence to boot from a usb drive, I've made up a windows 10 installation bootable disk, and want it to boot to it first thanks. 160120
  7. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...
  8. boot sequence changed automatically how to reverse it

in Windows 10 Customization
    boot sequence changed automatically how to reverse it: i have dell 15R 5520 laptop with windows 10. Day before yesterday when i started my laptop it showed pxe over ipv4 and pxe over ipv6 during boot. I pressed esc from it and my pc started i checked my boot order and found it was changed and now windows boot manager is listed at...
  9. How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence?

How to prevent Windows from changing the UEFI boot sequence?: My desktop PC has two OSes, a copy of Windows 10 as well as a copy of MacOS Mojave installed via CloverEFI Bootloader for purposes like syncing the works with my MacBook Pro and iMac. Booting into UEFI Shell, I created a boot entry of CloverEFI and deleted the rest because...
  10. How to change boot sequence to usb to boot to fresh copy of Windows 10

How to change boot sequence to usb to boot to fresh copy of Windows 10: Good day everyone! I hope you can help me with this newbie question. My Dell laptop has been nothing but a pain since day 1. I want to remove any possibility of this being a hardware problem by doing a fresh install with a downloaded copy of Win 10 from Microsoft, using a...