Windows 10: How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar

Discus and support How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the donkey.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by GabeVdW, Jun 15, 2022.

1. GabeVdW Win User

How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar

Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the donkey.

:)

GabeVdW, Jun 15, 2022

2. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Jun 15, 2022
  3. vbahl2003 Win User
    Cannot Change Default Search Engine tyo Google in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

When I am trying to change my default search engine for my Microsoft edge browser in advanced settings I am neither able to type anything or select anything and add is disabled as well can anybody suggest how to fix this please. as per the notes mentioned
    for changing the default browser engine, the second step mentioned here below I am not able to perform as there is nothing enabled to either select or type the engine's website.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select
      View advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, select
      Change.
    • Select your search engine's website and then select Set as default. If you don't select the search engine, the
      Set as default button will be grayed out.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vikas Bahl

vbahl2003, Jun 15, 2022
  4. Cecil_IL Win User

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Tried this 26 Nov 2015 to make Google.com my search engine and received report "Couldn't add this provider"

Cecil_IL, Jun 15, 2022
Thema:

1. How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar - Similar Threads - change browser search

2. Can the search engine in the task bar be changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the search engine in the task bar be changed?: How can I change the search engine in the task bar? I've changed the default search engine for the address bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-the-search-engine-in-the-task-bar-be-changed/d673c22e-9258-41dd-8bd5-56c0fd0c44c3
  3. How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing: I use google as my browser, as I have been using it for a long time and feels normal. how do I make it so that the search boxpicture below opens the search in google chrome, or a different appI don't just mean change the default browser of edgeI am on windows 11...
  4. How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing

How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing: I use google as my browser, as I have been using it for a long time and feels normal. how do I make it so that the search boxpicture below opens the search in google chrome, or a different appI don't just mean change the default browser of edgeI am on windows 11...
  5. How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the donkey. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-browsersearch-engine-assigned-to/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  6. How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar

How to change the browser/search engine assigned to search bar: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the donkey. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-browsersearch-engine-assigned-to/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  7. How to change search engine

in Cortana
    How to change search engine: Is there a way to assign Firefox to the windows web search bar yet?Seriously, this is a real pain in the a**. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-search-engine/dac846a5-c96f-41fb-83fb-01803672e334
  8. Changing search engines . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing search engines . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.My two browsers are, Google and Firefox.When I search, with Firefox. It uses, Google.I would like to use, Yahoo. As the search engine,for Firefox.But I don't see, Yahoo. Listed, as the option?So how can I have, Yahoo. As the...
  9. Changing search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing search engine: Help me! I tried changing my search engine AGAIN!!! Those guides that say "there will be a button that says Search in the address bar with." There is no button. Help. I hate bing....
  10. change search engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    change search engine: How can I chnage the default search engine from Bing to Google? Remove Bing from my desktop.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-search-engine/61249a04-2884-447b-b800-529c626db8cd