Windows 10: How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows

Discus and support How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just read this article in " Makeuseof" Actually very cool!! Thought I'd share it http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-...rs-in-windows/ 37871 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnEdge, Jan 17, 2016.

1. AnEdge Win User

How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows

AnEdge, Jan 17, 2016

2. CMD is not updated in final build of Windows 10

It's not clear what you expect. If you right click on the Title bar and go to Properties, there are 4 tabs: Options, Font, Layout and Colors. There you can change the font size and window size. There is no "Experimental" tab. There is a checkbox on
    the lower part of the Options tab indicating to use a "legacy" version of the command prompt. There is also a link there to show new options with the Command prompt.

steve

Steve Cochran, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Text size in the Command Prompt

Hi counter, I am Rob, a volunteer and a 10 time and dual award MVP specializing in Windows troubleshooting and Bluescreen analysis.

Right Click the top bar of the Command Prompt Window (i.e. Right Click the words "Command Prompt" on the top left) and select Properties.

There you can change Font, Size, Color and other options.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 17, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

1. How to Change the Command Prompt Colors and properties in Windows - Similar Threads - Change Command Prompt

2. Why is my command prompt's colors broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my command prompt's colors broken?: So when I do in command prompt Windows Terminal for example color 4 which is red it sets color for blue, BUT when I do color 1 which is blue, It gets like a bit darker blue? I guess. It isn't inverted, its fkd. up. How can that even happen?? And how to fix it? i can't find...
  3. FYI: Win10 21H1 and Command Prompt Colors

in Windows 10 Support
    FYI: Win10 21H1 and Command Prompt Colors: Early this morning, I upgraded my Windows 10 Professional installation to feature version 21H1. I have been running all day, with no significant things to report except one minor annoyance that I solved easily. The annoyance is that the Colors tab, which one would expect to...
  4. How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 News
    How to change the Background and Foreground Color in Command Prompt: If you open the Command Prompt, it should be evident that the background color is black. However, there are those who would prefer to change the color but have no idea this is a possibility. If you are one of those many people, then worry not for you’re in the right place....
  5. Command Prompt Name Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Name Change: Hello, I've been searching the internet for results and I can't seem to get a clear answer. I'm looking to change the name I don't know what else to call it that appears in the Command Prompt once you open it. When you first open CMD it looks a lot like: C:\Users\*name*>...
  6. Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change -Command Prompt - To :- Elevated Command Prompt: Having problem installing updates windows 10 64bit - version 2004 -- need to access command prompt as an Administrator to try to fix. Any ideas ?...
  7. How to change Directory in Command Prompt on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Directory in Command Prompt on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows Command Prompt is a great built-in tool that allows you to run programs using the command-line option. Using the command, you can perform a […] This article How to change Directory in Command Prompt on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. Command Prompt Colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command Prompt Colors: On one of my computers the command prompt terminal defaults to black text on a grey background and does not respond to changing the properties in the normal manner. On the odd occasion that I have managed to change it to white on black it reverts to black on grey next time it...
  9. Command Prompt Experimental changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Prompt Experimental changes: Anyone figured out a use for the Opacity setting for Command Prompt on the Experimental tab? I've tried it at many different settings and I just can't see a use for it. 2127
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838