Windows 10: How to change the default File Explorer tab to "View" instead of "Home"?

Discus and support How to change the default File Explorer tab to "View" instead of "Home"? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the default File Explorer tab to the View tab instead of Home tab?I very rarely use the options provided in Home tab, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lukman_Hakim, May 28, 2021.

1. How to change the default File Explorer tab to "View" instead of "Home"?

Is there a way to change the default File Explorer tab to the View tab instead of Home tab?I very rarely use the options provided in Home tab, but I use the View tab options often, and it's a bit of a drag to switch to it manually every time I open the File Explorer.

:)

Lukman_Hakim, May 28, 2021

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 28, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, May 28, 2021
  4. How to change the default File Explorer tab to "View" instead of "Home"?

Set default in File Explorer to List View in Windows 10

Here's how to change the default view for all folders of the same type (e.g. Documents)

1. First, change the layout to any folder of the Document-type to List View.
    2. Then open the "Change folder and search options" (in the View tab on the explorer window), then go to the view tab there.
    3. Finally choose "Apply to folders." Click Yes, and the List View will then be applied to all folders of the same type
    Picture-type folders will not be affected by changes made to other folder types.

GamertagCC, May 28, 2021
Thema:

How to change the default File Explorer tab to "View" instead of "Home"?

1. How to change the default File Explorer tab to "View" instead of "Home"? - Similar Threads - change default File

2. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  3. How to change windows explorer view to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows explorer view to default: I've just bought a laptop and it comes with custom Windows Explorer,Here's how it looks when I right clicked on a file.I can't upload images here.Please help on how to get the default menu....
  4. File Explorer home cannot change view

File Explorer home cannot change view: I cannot change the view in file explorer home as it only gives me tiles or content view and when i switch between the two nothing happens. It always showed large icons which its not showing the option to change it to that and it keeps grouping them and are unable to be...
  5. File Explorer home cannot change view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer home cannot change view: I cannot change the view in file explorer home as it only gives me tiles or content view and when i switch between the two nothing happens. It always showed large icons which its not showing the option to change it to that and it keeps grouping them and are unable to be...
  6. How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...: Hello,I am loving the tabs functionality of the new file explorer, but I am constantly annoying with the fact that opening any folder results in a new file explorer windows being spawned. What I would instead like to happen is that my current file explorer windows is made...
  7. How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...

How to open file explorer folders as new tabs by default instead of as new file explorer...: Hello,I am loving the tabs functionality of the new file explorer, but I am constantly annoying with the fact that opening any folder results in a new file explorer windows being spawned. What I would instead like to happen is that my current file explorer windows is made...
  8. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  9. Change the File Explorer default view of files

Change the File Explorer default view of files: Sorry to ask what I am sure is a simple question, but I have searched the internet, and nothing I tried works, or if it seems to work, then after I reboot, the old default return. Specifically, whenever I open Windows 10 File Explorer and click on a folder, the files are...
  10. Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|

Windows 10 Change File Explorer Default View|: https://funkyimg.com/i/2UB7q.png Somehow this ended up on my Download folder, How do I fix it so it isn't in my download folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-file-explorer-default-view/10317313-4919-4451-9f5b-acd667a7eaaf"