Windows 10: How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system?

Discus and support How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 : 1809 build 17763.55. Nirmala UI is I guess the default font for display of hindi/devanagari text. I want to change it to some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmarVashishth, Oct 25, 2018.

1. How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system?

Using Windows 10 : 1809 build 17763.55.

Nirmala UI is I guess the default font for display of hindi/devanagari text.

I want to change it to some other font example: Noto Sans Devanagari, which I downloaded from Google Fonts for free.

I know this could be done using Registry Editor in windows, I tried changing it but ended up not displaying the font at all, as seen in the image attached.

Please tell me how to change the font for display of hindi/devanagari on my system. As the default font is not good at all and it needs to be changed to a better display of Devanagari-text with a new font say, NotoSansDevanagari.

How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system? ed490178-332a-4d5d-a5ab-73e6a6e12d2a?upload=true.png

:)

AmarVashishth, Oct 25, 2018

2. Display contents in Hindi font

I normally use English language on my Nokia Lumia 800. But when I see posts from facebook, some of these are in Hindi (Devanagari font), I can see only squares in place of characters. Do I have to load any additional font?

kparicharak, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade deletes old fonts

Hi, devbnj.

The Kokila and Mangal fonts are in an optional feature, "Devanagari Supplemental Fonts". You can install it manually using the steps given earlier. In language settings, you can also enable Hindi, Marathi, or any other language that uses Devanagari script,
    and that will cause the optional Devanagari font feature to be installed automatically.

Please give that a try.

Your documents will be unaffected. Once you have the optional feature installed, they will display as you expect them.

PeterCon [MSFT], Oct 25, 2018
  4. How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system?

Rendering of Hindi Fonts (Nokia N8)

Hi,

I purchased my Nokia N8 in Switzerland. Now, if I go to websites that have Hindi text (or try to read tweets that are in Hindi) the fonts are not rendered properly. This makes it almost impossible to read content that uses the Devanagari (Hindi) script.
    How can I resolve this?

rahulthewall---01, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system?

1. How to change the default font for displaying Devanagari/Hindi on my system? - Similar Threads - change default font

2. Hindi fonts not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hindi fonts not displaying correctly: Hindi fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. Nirmala UI does not seem to be optimized for Hindi, as some characters display incorrectly. An example is attached, the issue is specifically with the middle character. Is it possible that Windows can substitute...
  3. Hindi fonts not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hindi fonts not displaying correctly: Hindi fonts used in Windows apps are falling back to Nirmala UI. Nirmala UI does not seem to be optimized for Hindi, as some characters display incorrectly. An example is attached, the issue is specifically with the middle character. Is it possible that Windows can substitute...
  4. How to change default System Font in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change default System Font in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you’re tired of using the default system font on Windows 10, you can […] This article How to change default System Font in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to restore default system fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default system fonts?: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm a designer and recently installed some very bold variants of Helvetica Neue on my PC. It works fine for my purposes but has taken over as the default system font - as you can see in the attached screenshot of a random webpage. Wherever another font is...
  6. How to display not change the current Windows 10 default font and font size ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display not change the current Windows 10 default font and font size ?: Windows 10 home Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388 No issues at all, everything works great. Is there a way for me to "see", what my laptops windows 10 default font name and font size currently is set to ? I have found plenty of advice on the Internet on how to "change"...
  7. HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT FONT

HOW TO CHANGE THE DEFAULT FONT: I need help with changing the MS Word default font from Calibri 11 pt to Times New 12 pt. Anyone able to share with me how to do this? I also need STREAMLINED help on changing a hyperlink to a word instead of posting long strings of codes. When I try to edit hyperlink, I...
  8. Default display font

Default display font: My default font in most application is not what it has been for ages. It changed, on its own, after an update from Microsoft, about 3 days ago and I cannot get it to change to a more pleasant, easy to read, font using the control panel or the settings menu. I can change the...
  9. How to set default Hindi fonts to Nirmala in Powerpoint2010

How to set default Hindi fonts to Nirmala in Powerpoint2010: I had created a slides (100 slides) using power point2010 in Nirmala in windows 8.1 This document has both English and HIndi words. After I switched to Winows10, , all HIndi fonts in these slides got changed to Mangal. This has completely changed the text format in...
  10. how change my system font

how change my system font: how will i change my system font to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-change-my-system-font/d222e216-b8d4-41b1-a8dc-249e34b6d7d1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default hindi font in hindi document