Windows 10: How to change the Default Gateway

Discus and support How to change the Default Gateway in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to connect to a file server on my LAN, but it is on a different Default Gateway than I am on. I have searched on how to change my Default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChristopherMiller7, Apr 19, 2019.

1. How to change the Default Gateway

I am trying to connect to a file server on my LAN, but it is on a different Default Gateway than I am on. I have searched on how to change my Default Gateway, but I can't find anything. Can someone help me? My computer is a Windows 10.

:)

ChristopherMiller7, Apr 19, 2019

2. "The default gateway is not available"

I had this exact same issue with a Dell laptop which has an Intel wireless adapter.

What fixed it for me was changing the Power Saving options for my wireless adapter to Maximum Performance. You can follow the steps in this article: Fix Wireless Limited Access Default Gateway Not Available Windows 10 - TeckLyfe

mindfrost82, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Default Gateway is locked

I'm guessing you don't mean the default gateway, you mean your public IP?

Your public IP should change unless you have a static IP purchased. I'd call them again and request for an IP change

TheDarkLord, Apr 19, 2019
  4. How to change the Default Gateway

Windows 10 Wifi ''Default gateway not available'' problem

I have gone through the link but it does not offer any help if there is not default gateway listed. Under default gateway it lists nothing. Please help.

ANGELAGABBERT, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

How to change the Default Gateway

1. How to change the Default Gateway - Similar Threads - change Default Gateway

2. default gateway

in Windows 10 Gaming
    default gateway: Just recently my computer has stopped connecting the the internet. It is sporadic. I troubleshoot and I get this message:The default gateway is not available. I play around with it for a while and then it reconnects. All our other devices are connected just fine. I restarted...
  3. default gateway

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default gateway: Just recently my computer has stopped connecting the the internet. It is sporadic. I troubleshoot and I get this message:The default gateway is not available. I play around with it for a while and then it reconnects. All our other devices are connected just fine. I restarted...
  4. default gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how to turn on default gateway

how to turn on default gateway: I keep losing my wifi connection with an error message "default gateway not available" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-default-gateway/9683953f-cf93-458c-8303-673750e339f8
  6. The default gateway is not available - how to fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The default gateway is not available - how to fix: Hello Last night I upgraded to windows 10, and it's causing issues, rather than make life easier unfortunately. Basically, I turn my PC on and I have internet and can browse for a while, then it'll stop working after about 2 minutes it says no internet, secured at this...
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. Default Gateway

Default Gateway: Hi everyone, I'm cracking up trying to find a definitive solution for this damn problem. My windows 10 desktop PC, says the Default Gateway is not available. I've checked my Ethernet cable, tried all the solutions I've found online. It's such a pain because you don't know...
  9. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  10. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change default gateway windows 10

2. how to change default gateway windows10

3. windows 10 default gateway changing Unmanaged

4. how to change gateway,
  5. windows change my default gateway,
  6. change default gateway,
  7. change my default gateway windows,
  8. changer gateway winwdowq,
  9. how to change default gateway in windows,
  10. how windows change in gateway