Windows 10: How to change the default language in win10?

Discus and support How to change the default language in win10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This problem is annoying. I have Chinese and English languages installed on my computer, and chose English as my first language. but English won't act... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zl700, Mar 30, 2019.

1. zl700 Win User

How to change the default language in win10?

This problem is annoying. I have Chinese and English languages installed on my computer, and chose English as my first language. but English won't act as my default language. whenever I open an app, Chinese becomes my default languages.

Here is my settings:

How to change the default language in win10? 99e6c8ac-9a18-40e3-9abe-9356bf387187?upload=true.png

Whenever I open an new app, the default input method becomes Chinese, but I need English input method as the default. This is really annoying if I'm playing a game.

How to change the default language in win10? 62a6f3cd-d106-4c65-8e55-edba373f4e17?upload=true.png

Help me please!

:)

zl700, Mar 30, 2019
  2. cfourkays Win User

Change default language

Have a clients PC, Windows 10 Home, that the default language was changed from French (Canadian) to English by a tech for troubleshooting here . (Florida)
    They're going back home (Canada) and wants the default language restored to the French.
    I'm not the original tech and plead ignorance since I've never done this.
    So I can here.
    Anyone have a step by step?
    Pete

cfourkays, Mar 30, 2019
  3. viki2000 Win User
    Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Mar 30, 2019
  4. How to change the default language in win10?

change the language in windows 10 home single language or change the windows to windows 10 home

Hi
    Nouralmatary

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community.

I do understand your concern, however I suggest you to try the below steps and change the language.

• Go to settings

• Time & Language

• Region & Language

• Add a language. Select your desired language. That can be UK-English or US-English.

Make it default by clicking on it and choosing "set as default". Go to options and download language pack.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

How to change the default language in win10?

1. How to change the default language in win10? - Similar Threads - change default language

2. How to change the default sending email in win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default sending email in win10?: My default email address used for sending mail is Windows's "Mail" program. How can I change that [say to Gmail]? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-default-sending-email-in-win10/88b5b262-15e3-4ddd-903e-84d8c2bc182c
  3. How to change the default sending email in win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default sending email in win10?: My default email address used for sending mail is Windows's "Mail" program. How can I change that [say to Gmail]? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-default-sending-email-in-win10/88b5b262-15e3-4ddd-903e-84d8c2bc182c
  4. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change default system UI Language: i want it in italian how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-system-ui-language/f4b1520b-c31c-4993-af14-aba954338dc1
  5. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default system UI Language: i want it in italian how can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-system-ui-language/f4b1520b-c31c-4993-af14-aba954338dc1
  6. How to change default system UI Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to change default system UI language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change default system UI language: Because of some reason, I need to change the default system UI language. Is there any way to change the language to what I want? Many thx! [ATTACH]...
  8. Change default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default language: Have a clients PC, Windows 10 Home, that the default language was changed from French (Canadian) to English by a tech for troubleshooting here . (Florida) They're going back home (Canada) and wants the default language restored to the French. I'm not the original tech and...
  9. Change Default Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Default Language: I was install the windows 10 pro with usb flash driver but the setup is choose no other option the language of Deutsch so I change the language in English. I no understood the deutsch language so please help me....
  10. Changing system default language

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing system default language: Hi, I got a windows10 edition in a specific language and I would like to change it to English. How can I do it? Will it become the original English version or it is only a translation pack? The only guide I found is this How to change the system language across your...