Windows 10: How to change the default Music template

Discus and support How to change the default Music template in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It was easy to do in previous versions of Windows, but not obvious in Win 10. I just want to add the bitrate column to the template. So all current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rickhantz, Mar 21, 2016.

1. rickhantz Win User

How to change the default Music template

It was easy to do in previous versions of Windows, but not obvious in Win 10.
    I just want to add the bitrate column to the template. So all current and any new Music folders are correct automatically.
    I don't want to do it manually--painful for many hundreds of folders, and reset doesn't preserve settings.

I have music on many different drives, and often plug in thumb drives or other portable drives.

:)

rickhantz, Mar 21, 2016
  2. Tryx3 Win User

How to change the Music folder template

[sequence corrected 14 June 2017 - 1 & 2 were the wrong way around so the solution would only work for those who had previously set the folder to be a Music type folder]

• In File explorer, right-click on the folder in the Navigation pane, select
      Properties, Customise, Optimise this folder for -
      Music
    • Set up the folder the way you want it [the type of View, the columns that appear in the Details view, the sort order].
    • Click on the File tab at the top of File explorer, select
      Options
      [in older versions, Change folder & search options], select the
      View tab.
    • Click on Apply to folders i.e. apply what you have just done to all folders of the type
      Music

All existing & future Music folders will now appear the way you have just set up. You can set up all other folders types the same way [the different types are shown in the dropdown list you saw at
    Optimise this folder for.

Denis

Tryx3, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    How to change the Music folder template

Rich,

You spotted an error that had been sitting there for over a year. Thank you.

I have corrected it now and the procedure will work. You only need to set up the one
    Music folder and its settings will be set onto every other Music
    folder.

Denis

Tryx3, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

How to change the default Music template

1. How to change the default Music template - Similar Threads - change default Music

2. How to change default save as type in ms paint? Workaround is modify JPEG as template

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default save as type in ms paint? Workaround is modify JPEG as template: Instead of trying to modify default save as, I am now modifying existing before pasting my screenshots to upload to Tech SupportOpen MS PaintClick FileSelect blank JPEG...
  3. How to change default save as type in ms paint? Workaround is modify JPEG as template

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default save as type in ms paint? Workaround is modify JPEG as template: Instead of trying to modify default save as, I am now modifying existing before pasting my screenshots to upload to Tech SupportOpen MS PaintClick FileSelect blank JPEG...
  4. How to change Library folder template on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Library folder template on Windows 10: If you want to change the view or template of Library folders on Windows 10, then this guide will be handy for you. There is more than one method to use to get a different look for your Library folders. Library folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc.) come as...
  5. How to change the Music folder template

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Music folder template: All the solutions on here work to an extent. They do not work if you want "Size all columns to fit" every time you open a Music folder. Can this be made to work on all Music Folders? It is really annoying having to select that option on every Music folder. Pete...
  6. Change Default Music rip app in Win10

Change Default Music rip app in Win10: how do I change the default music rip app in Win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-music-rip-app-in-win10/92a281aa-56b1-482e-b7a6-f6b9d0dffbd8
  7. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program: [ATTACH] Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?...
  8. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program: Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?[ATTACH][ATTACH] ***Modified title from: Music Groove...
  9. Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.: Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Default Music Program

Default Music Program: When will Windows make Spotify a default music program. I understand Spotify uses its own music file type, but seeing the popularity of the platform it should be worked into a future build of Windows....