Windows 10: How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you create a new folder, Windows 10 OS by default names it “New […] This article How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 17, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10

WinClub, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 17, 2021
  3. User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Feb 17, 2021
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change the Default Name of Newly Created folder in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change Default Name

2. How to change default saving folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change default saving folders in Windows 10: HelloI used to customise where all attachments from outlook, saved webpages., Word doc, Excel,... pdf,....etc are saved by default.For some reason this has changed and now all go somewhere else in the C drive and every single time I have to type where it should go. This is...
  3. How to change default saving folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default saving folders in Windows 10: HelloI used to customise where all attachments from outlook, saved webpages., Word doc, Excel,... pdf,....etc are saved by default.For some reason this has changed and now all go somewhere else in the C drive and every single time I have to type where it should go. This is...
  4. How to change this folder name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change this folder name?: I know how to rename the folder but this one wont let me do so. So when the person who set up this laptop for me, misspell my name and now i want to change it. Please help...
  5. How do I change the Default folder for newly created playlists in Win Media Player 12?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the Default folder for newly created playlists in Win Media Player 12?: My newly created playlists are being saved in This PC > Music > PlaylistsHow do I change the folder for newly created playlists? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-default-folder-for-newly/168520e8-f943-488e-8bf0-536d618d7fe8
  6. Creating a default file name for all files saved to a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a default file name for all files saved to a folder: Where i work we have many documents that are saved to their respective folder on a daily basis by many different people. Everyone seems to have their own idea on what the files saved in the folder should be named. As you can probably imagine, it gets messy. Im curious if...
  7. How to change the name of this folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name of this folder?: https://i.imgur.com/wnIWHkK.png Can't upload the image for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-this-folder/93bad2b5-a6f7-41af-b0dc-da05220e1b70
  8. Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders: I've set hundreds of *jpg thumbnails on folders containing video files on numerous hard drives to make it easier to navigate. But since couple of days whenever new folder is created in any location, a random exisiting thumbnail of a random folder from a different location is...
  9. Windows sets newly created audio adapter as default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows sets newly created audio adapter as default: Hello, have an winapi application which creates an audio adapter, but the problem is that whenever adapter is created it is set as default audio adapter and I don't want that. Does anyone know how to avoid newly created device being set as default by changing inf file(Or...
  10. Change default size of newly opened windows?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default size of newly opened windows?: I was wondering if theres a way to change how and where new apps open? Say i open a new window of My Computer, it automatically opens in a small box in the left side of my screen. I would prefer it automatically open taking up half of the display. Is this possible? 39741