Windows 10: how to change the default save location to any other area than C:

Discus and support how to change the default save location to any other area than C: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can anybody help with my question how to change the default save location in Windows 10? At this moment the only option is C: (and therefor no option)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanHeemskerk, Nov 26, 2018.

1. how to change the default save location to any other area than C:

Can anybody help with my question how to change the default save location in Windows 10? At this moment the only option is C: (and therefor no option)

:)

JanHeemskerk, Nov 26, 2018
  2. JustHal Win User

Cannot Change Default Save Locations

I found a solution to the issue I was experiencing. I right-clicked on the OneDrive "Cloud" icon in the system tray (notification area" and selected settings from the context menu. Then I clicked on the auto save tab and was able to change the default
    save location for documents and pictures to OneDrive. That also changed the settings in the storage control panel.

JustHal, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Geethu B Win User

how to change the default save location to any other area than C:

Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

how to change the default save location to any other area than C:

1. how to change the default save location to any other area than C: - Similar Threads - change default save

2. Default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  3. Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows: I recently added a new boot drive to my computer and did a clean install of Windows 11. However, ever since, the Xbox app no longer allows me to change the install location for games. I can select the drive on the dropdown list, but it instantly reverts back to C and games...
  4. Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot set any drive other than C: for default install location in the Xbox app for Windows: I recently added a new boot drive to my computer and did a clean install of Windows 11. However, ever since, the Xbox app no longer allows me to change the install location for games. I can select the drive on the dropdown list, but it instantly reverts back to C and games...
  5. Changing the default save location

Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  6. Can not change default save location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not change default save location: I am trying to change my default save location so i can save games to my other drive. My pc is not allowing me to do so. Says there are apps on the drive from another device and must be deleted first. Then gives me an error code 0x80070005. Any ideas what to do here?...
  7. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  8. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  9. Changing Default Save Location

Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...
  10. Change default program files location to drive other than C?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change default program files location to drive other than C?: There is the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion but changing the location in there, doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have a relatively small SSD and I can not install everything to my C drive. I appreciate anyone's help. 13628