Windows 10: How to change the driver Catagory from autoupdate as a Port driver to a Network Driver

Discus and support How to change the driver Catagory from autoupdate as a Port driver to a Network Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH][ATTACH] When I try to update driver it locks it in to USB Serial Device tryed updating the group policy to not install the Automatic Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Enzo8698, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Enzo8698 Win User

How to change the driver Catagory from autoupdate as a Port driver to a Network Driver

How to change the driver Catagory from autoupdate as a Port driver to a Network Driver fc6f2e9f-1ad8-49f4-9c1f-678aea37ef6c?upload=true.jpg How to change the driver Catagory from autoupdate as a Port driver to a Network Driver 565d5977-c22b-40ec-a5f2-c6d871d0b0ce?upload=true.jpg

When I try to update driver it locks it in to USB Serial Device tryed updating the group policy to not install the Automatic Driver but still lock the Driver to USB Serial Device When the driver is a RNDIS and work perfectly in windows 7 .

:)

Enzo8698, Jan 25, 2021

2. Playback Driver

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update all the drivers in your computer to its latest version. Also I suggest you to install the audio and network adaptor drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Download the latest audio and network adaptor drivers from the manufacture website and follow the steps provided below.

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 25, 2021
  3. GSquadron Win User
    Install a driver for your network adapter

Did all you said, didnt work
    Also, i already have the cd. It is not its drivers people. It is something else
    If it was the drivers the wireless usb key would have worked.
    All kind of drivers suggested, official and other things didn't work.
    It must be something blocking my pc network

GSquadron, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Gino Des Win User

How to change the driver Catagory from autoupdate as a Port driver to a Network Driver

hosted network drivers

Hello,

This issue can be due to incorrect network adapter settings or incompatible WiFi drivers. In line with this, we suggest that you update your network adapter drivers.
    While it's likely you already have the most recent driver, if you're having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by updating the driver or reinstalling it. Here's how:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update driver
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If you are trying to setup your computer as a mobile hotspot, you can also do it in the Settings. For more information, you may refer to the following link:

Use your PC as a mobile hotspot

We also recommend that you download any pending updates that need to be installed through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change the driver Catagory from autoupdate as a Port driver to a Network Driver - Similar Threads - change driver Catagory

2. NO NETWORK DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO NETWORK DRIVERS: I have tried everything. I have no network drivers and cant connect to the internet to download new ones. This laptop is only a month old and now I can use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-network-drivers/7b75eaef-4371-41ab-8649-2132cbd489a2
  3. NO NETWORK DRIVERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO NETWORK DRIVERS: I have tried everything. I have no network drivers and cant connect to the internet to download new ones. This laptop is only a month old and now I can use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-network-drivers/7b75eaef-4371-41ab-8649-2132cbd489a2
  4. How to change from windows basic driver to nvidia driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change from windows basic driver to nvidia driver?: Hello, my screen had lots of artifacts so I decided to reinstall my graphics driver, however I messed up, and when I go to device manager I don't see any display adapters tab, but in my system properties it says I have a windows basic driver, so whenever I try to download an...
  5. Network driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network driver: Hey guys, so last night my pc was conmected to the internet ethernet everything was fine i wake up this morning and its not aprently theres no network driver and when i go into device manager theres no network adaptor sorry for any grammer mistakes...
  6. Serial Port Driver

Serial Port Driver: I need to install a serial port driver. Where can I find such a driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-port-driver/4a31f06a-0c90-4c1d-9379-6e1b6d982898
  7. Network Driver

Network Driver: I am having problems connecting to the internet. I recently found out that some of my network adapters are not connected to the computer "Code 45". I tried some solutions offered online like running the Windows Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, run System File Checker and...
  8. Network Driver

Network Driver: I am having problems connecting to the internet. I recently found out that some of my network adapters are not connected to the computer "Code 45". I tried some solutions offered online like running the Windows Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter, run System File Checker and...
  9. USB ports/drivers

USB ports/drivers: I am unable to locate the USB ports/drivers on My Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portsdrivers/8cdddb08-78e9-4d5d-baec-eb17f0fe10a2
  10. Network Driver

Network Driver: Hello, I've tried everything to update my network driver and nothing's working. As I'm using a laptop with only 32 GB, it won't let me update for the last version of windows from April (1803) and only after that I can see the update for the driver, but it's not doing it cause...