Windows 10: How to change the e-mail associated with my Microsoft account on my laptop.

Discus and support How to change the e-mail associated with my Microsoft account on my laptop. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My girlfriend logged into her OneDrive account on my laptop and now when I go to my account in the settings, it shows her e-mail under my name. How do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BETA GRAYWOLF93, Nov 7, 2018.

1. How to change the e-mail associated with my Microsoft account on my laptop.

My girlfriend logged into her OneDrive account on my laptop and now when I go to my account in the settings, it shows her e-mail under my name. How do I switch it back to my own e-mail??

:)

BETA GRAYWOLF93, Nov 7, 2018
  2. MikeS6 Win User

Receive e-mail correspondence at an e-mail address that is not associated with my account

When I order, for example, movies from the Windows Store, I always receive the order receipt at an e-mail address that is not associated with my Microsoft Account. The e-mail address is not listed anywhere in my Microsoft Account, yet I continue to receive
    correspondence at that address.

I do not want to continue receiving correspondence related to my Microsoft Account at that e-mail address. Within the online account management tools provided at http://account.microsoft.com, however, I can find no way to change that behavior.
    The e-mail address is not listed as an account alias (in
    Your info > Manage sign-in email or phone number), it is not part of my billing profile (in
    Payment & billing >
    Billing info), and it is not listed as an alternative e-mail address (in
    Security & privacy > More security settings).

It is my understanding (from various chats with Microsoft support) that the e-mail address in question may have been the primary e-mail address on the account in the past, which is why it is still (somehow) associated with my Microsoft Account despite the
    fact that I removed it from my Account a long time ago. Various levels of Microsoft Support have been unable to help. They just keep passing me along to different departments without ever helping. Their latest response pointed me to this community. Is there
    any way someone at Microsoft can remove that e-mail address so that it is no longer associated with my Microsoft Account?

MikeS6, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Change E mail associated with account.

I want to change the email account associated with my phone's account at Microsoft/Zune. The support page says I'll lose all my apps and personal information. My wife did this with her Iphone and Apple was able to just change the email address. Is there
    any way I can change the E mail account without having to start again at square 1? If not, why not? Does Microsoft intend to actualy compete with Apple?

McGees Mills, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Silas W. Win User

How to change the e-mail associated with my Microsoft account on my laptop.

Change E mail associated with account.

Hello McGees Mills,

Thank you for posting.

There is a way to change the E-Mail Address that is associated.

That would be to switch the Gamer Tag to another E-Mail Address.

Therefore you will need to create a new E-Mail Address or use one that does not have a Gamer Tag yet.

Here is a link how to perform this:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billi...soft-account#eaa53e8e61824e84b827b847cf18d336

Note that this is only possible on the XBOX Console.

If you have any aditional questions, feel free to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

Silas W., Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

How to change the e-mail associated with my Microsoft account on my laptop.

1. How to change the e-mail associated with my Microsoft account on my laptop. - Similar Threads - change mail associated

2. How can I change the account associated with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change the account associated with my laptop?: I thought this was a Microsoft Question - but I was referred here instead. The ? Microsoft? account linked to my laptop uses an obsolete email we moved and the email service -Spectrum- changed. I no longer have access to that email account and so I can't log in from the...
  3. How can I change the account associated with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change the account associated with my laptop?: I thought this was a Microsoft Question - but I was referred here instead. The ? Microsoft? account linked to my laptop uses an obsolete email we moved and the email service -Spectrum- changed. I no longer have access to that email account and so I can't log in from the...
  4. Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.: Hi,I have two problems I need help with:1. I need to change the e-mail address of my Microsoft account. Normally this would be easy, but I seem to already have created a Microsoft account with this e-mail address. I don't remember it and I don't use it. This e-mail address,...
  5. Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change of e-mail and chance of Microsoft account to be associated with e-mail instead of phone.: Hi,I have two problems I need help with:1. I need to change the e-mail address of my Microsoft account. Normally this would be easy, but I seem to already have created a Microsoft account with this e-mail address. I don't remember it and I don't use it. This e-mail address,...
  6. My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...: How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-associated-to-a-microsoft-account-i/e1843ec8-2c72-4a3e-92a2-04daa0ae68a2
  7. My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop is associated to a microsoft account. I changed to a new microsoft account. Now...: How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-associated-to-a-microsoft-account-i/e1843ec8-2c72-4a3e-92a2-04daa0ae68a2
  8. How to change my e-mail address in my Microsoft account?

How to change my e-mail address in my Microsoft account?: I recently changed my e-mail address due to some issues with AT&T. I've updated virtually all my files and apps to reflect the change, except for my Microsoft account which still shows my previous e-mail address. How can I make this revision?...
  9. how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?: When I opened my Microsoft account many years ago, I used my then-current email address. That same email address is not my current email address anymore. I want to update my Microsoft account with my current email address. How do I change the email address associated with...
  10. Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing my Primary Microsoft account e-mail: Hello everyone, I have had a Hotmail account for around 8 years now and it is the hub of all my Microsoft apps (Office, Facebook, Xbox, Windows Phone ..etc) but it has come to an unmanageable point. The e-mail address I have being using for this Hotmail account is linked to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change email associated with mylaptop

2. change account associated with microsoft office