Windows 10: how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

Discus and support how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I opened my Microsoft account many years ago, I used my then-current email address. That same email address is not my current email address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NurdBurd, Jan 27, 2020.

1. NurdBurd Win User

how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

When I opened my Microsoft account many years ago, I used my then-current email address. That same email address is not my current email address anymore. I want to update my Microsoft account with my current email address.

How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

Thank you.

:)

NurdBurd, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

How to change the email address associated with the Microsoft Account?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know if you are trying to
    change the email address associated with the Microsoft Account?

To change the email address associated with the Microsoft Account refer the following article. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-email-for-your-microsoft-account

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 27, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - change email address

2. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?: How do I change the email associated with my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-associated-with/363bed23-ea25-4ac4-a4ab-a9072a39d2ed
  3. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?: How do I change the email associated with my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-associated-with/363bed23-ea25-4ac4-a4ab-a9072a39d2ed
  4. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account: Hi,I want to change the email address associated with my Microsoft Account Profile. Please keep in mind I am not a newbie here. I have already done my due diligence of researching this. The core issue as we are all going to find out here in just a few moments is that I have...
  6. Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account

Unable to change email address associated with Microsoft Account: Hi,I want to change the email address associated with my Microsoft Account Profile. Please keep in mind I am not a newbie here. I have already done my due diligence of researching this. The core issue as we are all going to find out here in just a few moments is that I have...
  7. How to change email address of my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email address of my Microsoft Account: I need to change the email address for my Microsoft Account, on a Microsoft Windows 10 Home PC. I believe that is should be an alias account be the information after @ is my local email carrier of @comcast.net. And I do not have any of the Microsoft Subscriptions on my...
  8. How to change email address of my Microsoft Account

How to change email address of my Microsoft Account: I need to change the email address for my Microsoft Account, on a Microsoft Windows 10 Home PC. I believe that is should be an alias account be the information after @ is my local email carrier of @comcast.net. And I do not have any of the Microsoft Subscriptions on my...
  9. need to change email address associated with my account

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to change email address associated with my account: How do i go about changing old email address in my account Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-email-address-associated-with-my/e925b368-172e-4b34-9286-5f39043bca45
  10. How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account on my PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I change the email address associated with my Microsoft account on my PC?: I recently changed my personal email address and went online to change it for my Microsoft account. However, I need to change it on my PC, and haven't been able to do so. I get a message on start up that I need to manage my Microsoft account, but the "email and accounts"...