Windows 10: How to change the email address to which Windows is activated

Discus and support How to change the email address to which Windows is activated in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was using an older email address to which the Windows 10 was activated with a digital license. I want to stop using that email account and change it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by B Sai Sidharth, Apr 7, 2020.

1. How to change the email address to which Windows is activated

I was using an older email address to which the Windows 10 was activated with a digital license. I want to stop using that email account and change it to a new email account.

Kindly help

Thanks and Regards

:)

B Sai Sidharth, Apr 7, 2020

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Apr 7, 2020
  3. How do I change the email address with which I sign in to Windows 10?

Hi Lester,

Thank you very much for this.

I went through your steps and the acxcount was not listed.

The account (the gmail) was not there, having checked both areas you have suggested. So I could not get to the stage rto allow it....as not shown.

I then tried to change the Win10 login email address but it still says that the email address is aleady in use.

Any more ideas , please?

Many thanks

John

JohnJoannou1, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

How to change the email address to which Windows is activated

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

Kari, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

How to change the email address to which Windows is activated

1. How to change the email address to which Windows is activated - Similar Threads - change email address

2. How to change my windows email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change my windows email address: Hello!Recently my email was hacked into and I was wondering if there is a way to change my current email to my new email, because I am truly scared that it is using some resources I don't want it to use....
  3. How to change my windows email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my windows email address: Hello!Recently my email was hacked into and I was wondering if there is a way to change my current email to my new email, because I am truly scared that it is using some resources I don't want it to use....
  4. How to change my windows email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Email address change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Email address change: Hello, My 10 year old son somehow switched my email address to a different address? He was using for gaming and thought it was okay given he knew my password. How do I change it back? Please as I'm really starting to panic....
  6. How to change administrator email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change administrator email address: I have had a new email address for a while and I made it my primary address in Windows. I have now found that the administrator address is still showing my old email address and when I try to alter this it is asking me for the password for my old email address which I have...
  7. there is a email address which is not mine?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is a email address which is not mine?: there is a email address which is not mine? when I try and log in to One Drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-email-address-which-is-not-mine/24862ceb-2b70-4ba1-9eb7-b8b134ef72f0"
  8. email address change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email address change: When I tried to download pdf viewer, the wrong email address came up. I need to change it. Help me change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address-change/f65362f1-72c6-49e2-b2e9-e8fdd871c150"
  9. How to change email address of administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change email address of administrator: How do I propose an administrator change of email to my windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-email-address-of-administrator/0058d93e-0404-4380-aed6-86c7622eefb2
  10. How To Change Administrator Email Address?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How To Change Administrator Email Address?: How can I reset email address in Control Panel > User Accounts > Make changes to my account in PC settings ? If you Google this question you will get only instructions only on how to change password. I don't want to change the password, I want to change the email address....