Windows 10: How to change the email associated with my Microsoft account and my Windows 365 account?

Discus and support How to change the email associated with my Microsoft account and my Windows 365 account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I acceidently used my secondary e-mail address to open a new Microsoft account and purchase Windows 365. How can I change this to my primary e-mail... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JimGreen77, Feb 26, 2020.

1. How to change the email associated with my Microsoft account and my Windows 365 account?

I acceidently used my secondary e-mail address to open a new Microsoft account and purchase Windows 365. How can I change this to my primary e-mail address?

:)

JimGreen77, Feb 26, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 26, 2020
  4. How to change the email associated with my Microsoft account and my Windows 365 account?

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

How to change the email associated with my Microsoft account and my Windows 365 account?

1. How to change the email associated with my Microsoft account and my Windows 365 account? - Similar Threads - change email associated

2. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  3. Changing email associated with account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email associated with account: What happens if I change my email address on my primary and only account? I’ve added and verified the new email, but I’m concerned that something unexpected might happen when I lose my current email I’ve no option to keep it as my ISP will delete it...
  4. How to change email associated with my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email associated with my account?: A week ago, my email got compromised and so I had to change the email and password for all of my accounts however I didn't notice this until just now. The email that is now connected to my account is not my email! How do I change this so that it is my email instead of some...
  5. How to change email associated with my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change email associated with my account?: A week ago, my email got compromised and so I had to change the email and password for all of my accounts however I didn't notice this until just now. The email that is now connected to my account is not my email! How do I change this so that it is my email instead of some...
  6. How to change email associated with my account?

7. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  8. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  9. Change email associated with Microsoft account

10. how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?

how to change the email address associated with my Microsoft account?: When I opened my Microsoft account many years ago, I used my then-current email address. That same email address is not my current email address anymore. I want to update my Microsoft account with my current email address. How do I change the email address associated with...