Windows 10: how to change the folder icon?

Discus and support how to change the folder icon? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; does anyone know how to change the default folder icon? my point is that if I change and create a new folder, the icon will be changed. thanks in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/milebaa, Mar 10, 2021.

1. how to change the folder icon?

does anyone know how to change the default folder icon? my point is that if I change and create a new folder, the icon will be changed. thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/milebaa
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/milebaa, Mar 10, 2021

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Mar 10, 2021
  4. psbecker Win User

how to change the folder icon?

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

how to change the folder icon?

1. how to change the folder icon? - Similar Threads - change folder icon

2. How do I change the folder icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the folder icons?: Hi, so I want to make my desktop look nicer and so I was trying to change the icons of the folders with windows 11, but every time i try to find a folder icon on google, it turns out to be a pdf and it wont let me use that as an icon....
  3. How do I change the folder icons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the folder icons?: Hi, so I want to make my desktop look nicer and so I was trying to change the icons of the folders with windows 11, but every time i try to find a folder icon on google, it turns out to be a pdf and it wont let me use that as an icon....
  4. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  5. Change Icon in Folder

Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  6. How to change folder icons back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  7. How to change folder icons back

How to change folder icons back: After the recent windows update, every folder icon now displays a sort of mini icon of one of the files inside the folder. I don't like how this looks at all. Why would windows do this? How can I change all of my folder icons back to being just the folder icon?...
  8. How to Change Folder Icons in StartMenu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Change Folder Icons in StartMenu?: is it possible? or does Anyone knows how i change those Icons there? (marked RED).. I want to change them systemwide not one by one.. if that is possible, like changing the ICO in the DLLs for example, but i couldnt find this ICO in any of those DLLs.. Anyone knows wich ico...
  9. How to change folder and drive icons

How to change folder and drive icons: I recently happened upon a few of Brink's tutorials on how to change folder icons sys wide, and in This PC. They were so effective that I sent him a pm to thank him. But that also posed a few questions in my mind, and he thought they would be a good addition to the thread. So...
  10. Change folder icon

Change folder icon: Hi, I wrote a batch script to set a custom icon to folders: ECHO [.ShellClassInfo]>%1\desktop.in_ ECHO IconResource=C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dll,22>>%1\desktop.in_ move %1\desktop.in_ %1\desktop.ini attrib +S +H %1\desktop.ini The desktop.ini it produces is...