Windows 10: How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc

Discus and support How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I am a person with a visual impairment and just recent;y got a new laptop. Currently setting it up but despite all my best efforts I can't seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidJackson92, Dec 4, 2019.

1. How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc

Hi.

I am a person with a visual impairment and just recent;y got a new laptop. Currently setting it up but despite all my best efforts I can't seem to get the system font size of things like Control Panel or the Properties windows of files larger. I'm also missing the advanced scaling of font sizes in the settings which I know would help straight away so don't understand why you would remove it. I've been able to Winaero Tweeker to change menu and other font sizes but I don't know if there's a way to do what I want with the Properties window font through that program. If anyone knows of another way or something Registry Editor wise I could please let me know.

:)

DavidJackson92, Dec 4, 2019

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 4, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc

1. How to change the font size of Control Panel, file properties window etc - Similar Threads - change font size

2. Control Panel display font size, light mode... on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel display font size, light mode... on Windows 11: Hi! I am trying to change the display of the Control Panel on Windows 11. I find the text there on the Control Panel, not outside of it difficult to read because the font there is too small and it is bothering to read at night, because it keeps the light mode even when the...
  3. Control Panel display font size, light mode... on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel display font size, light mode... on Windows 11: Hi! I am trying to change the display of the Control Panel on Windows 11. I find the text there on the Control Panel, not outside of it difficult to read because the font there is too small and it is bothering to read at night, because it keeps the light mode even when the...
  4. Application properties font size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application properties font size.: Hi, I've had a hard time finding a sweet spot on 1080p laptop regarding font size but I am pretty close after changing the overall scaling to 125% and tweaking all the *Font "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics" registry settings...yet fonts in app...
  5. How to change the font size in the tree view and properties

How to change the font size in the tree view and properties: I just got a new computer with a nice shiny new Windows 10 OS and I installed Remote Desktop Connection Manager 2.7. Much to my surprise when I launched it the tree view and the properties windows' font is massive. How can I change the font? [IMG]...
  6. Mixed size Fonts, small control panel, start colors etc

Mixed size Fonts, small control panel, start colors etc: My desktop HP computer operating windows 10 with Edge browser has suddenly gone crazy. Control Panel is very small, Fonts on Outlook are very small Start color is black and wont change. While colors and fonts on web pages are normal. Can you help me get the thing back to...
  7. control panel fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    control panel fonts: can you change the font size in the control panel? 118546
  8. How To Change Font Size?

How To Change Font Size?: I just installed the most recent update for Windows 10 and I've noticed that my fonts in Windows 10 and my apps are smaller. Even in apps like Chrome and Firefox my fonts are smaller. How can I increase the size of my fonts? Thank you. 81749
  9. How to change font smoothing in control panel?

How to change font smoothing in control panel?: It is possible to disable Font Smoothing in Control Panel? [img] I mean all text sharp as This (Windows 7)? [img] Thanks 106051
  10. Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10: How to: Change Font Size of Handwriting Panel in Windows 10 [img] Information The layout. [img] The handwriting panel allows you to write in it with a pen (stylus) or your fingertip to enter text into any app. Starting with font size that your handwriting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW DO i CHANGE FOLDER PANE COLOR IN OUTLOOK