Windows 10: How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

Discus and support How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since all browsers have removed ftp url support I have been using IE as my default protocol. In June Microsoft will be removing IE from windows, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gutty976, Apr 5, 2022.

1. How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

Since all browsers have removed ftp url support I have been using IE as my default protocol. In June Microsoft will be removing IE from windows, so I wanted to just change the default protocol app to windows explore but I can't windows 10 does not consider explore an App what can I do is there a registry tweak?

submitted by /u/gutty976
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gutty976, Apr 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 default apps by protocol Cannot change FTP to explorer

When I attempted to open ftp sites in Explorer, it be opened in Chrome.

And options of FTP in Choose default apps by protocol page only the Edge and Chrome.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Zhijian Wu, Apr 5, 2022
  3. Windows 10 default apps by protocol Cannot change FTP to explorer

We suggest that you follow the methods below to troubleshoot FTP issues with Internet Explorer.

Method 1:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Open Advanced tab.
    • Look at Enable FTP folder view checkbox. Check it if it isn't checked.
    • Repeat the above steps with Use Passive FTP.
    Method 2:

Temporarily disable the firewall/ anti-virus installed on your PC.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily
    disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 5, 2022
  4. How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

opening ftp files in the default application instead of a browser

In Windows 7 Explorer we could access an ftp server with a saved userid and password. Then, we could open an ftp server file in the default application (e.g. pdf file would open in Adobe Reader) without providing the server password again (it was already
    provided when accessing the server).

In Windows 10 Explorer the ftp server file is automatically opened in the default browser and is asking for the server password again.

Since we only want to view the contents of the file this is an unnecessary step and quite frustrating having to enter the password multiple times to view each file.

Is there a configuration setting in Windows 10 that replicates the Windows 7 Explorer capability of opening ftp files in their default application?

Update: I found the option to 'set program associations by app' (Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Default Programs\Set Program Associations) but the FTP protocol checkboxes for my browser are locked and cannot be unchecked.

WayneCollens, Apr 5, 2022
Thema:

How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore?

1. How to change the FTP default protocol to windows explore? - Similar Threads - change FTP default

2. Why won't windows 11 let me change default ftp to my ftp program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't windows 11 let me change default ftp to my ftp program: I use WinSCP as my default ftp handler but when I try to set it as default in Settings>Default Apps it will only allow me to use MS Edge. How can I fix this?...
  3. How to set Windows Explorer as default app for FTP protocol / link type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set Windows Explorer as default app for FTP protocol / link type: I have FTP locations saved as network locations in my computer, FTP://iphere/5555 for various devices I have on my network that I occasionally use FTP for - raspberry pi's, SBCs, etc. I also had windows SFTP optional feature enabled and Enable FTP folder view set in internet...
  4. How to set Windows Explorer as default app for FTP protocol / link type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set Windows Explorer as default app for FTP protocol / link type: I have FTP locations saved as network locations in my computer, FTP://iphere/5555 for various devices I have on my network that I occasionally use FTP for - raspberry pi's, SBCs, etc. I also had windows SFTP optional feature enabled and Enable FTP folder view set in internet...
  5. FTP protocol default app

FTP protocol default app: I can type an FTP address in to the address bar on File Explorer, log in and use the service. What I want is to set it as default, so when I click an FTP link File Explorer opens it. If I try to set the default app in Windows I am only offered browsers, none of which work. I...
  6. FTP protocol default app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FTP protocol default app: I can type an FTP address in to the address bar on File Explorer, log in and use the service. What I want is to set it as default, so when I click an FTP link File Explorer opens it. If I try to set the default app in Windows I am only offered browsers, none of which work. I...
  7. FTP protocol default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to change default Batch Rename protocols?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change default Batch Rename protocols?: For my job, I do a large amount of saving documents from one location to another, and renaming sequential files. How do I get the default batch rename feature to change from adding a (1), (2), (3), etc... at the end of the file, and instead change it to -1,-2,-3, etc...? Eg,...
  9. Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.

Unable to change default app by protocol or filetype.: We use Bluebeam to open pdf files. The .pdf file is associated with this program, so if I double click on a .pdf file, it opens with this program. However: If I make hyperlinks in Excel to .pdf files, and I click on the hyperlink, it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If I...
  10. Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default MailTo Protocol in Windows 10: I would like to change the default MAILTO Protocol in Windows 10 to a program of my choice but it won't let me choose anything other than Thunderbird or Microsoft Mail. How do I select a specific program (in my case it is OEClassic). Thanks. 9971

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 ftp protocol