Windows 10: How to change the Highlight color automatically

Discus and support How to change the Highlight color automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I personalize my computer I always make the color change automatically. I find it disturbing when I highlight something, it's just the classic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KGFortyFive, Aug 14, 2020.

1. How to change the Highlight color automatically

When I personalize my computer I always make the color change automatically. I find it disturbing when I highlight something, it's just the classic (eww) blue.

DISCLAIMER: I DON'T ACTUALLY HATE BLUE. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME

submitted by /u/KGFortyFive
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KGFortyFive, Aug 14, 2020

2. How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Aug 14, 2020
  3. GSquadron Win User
    How to change Windows 7 highlight color

I was wondering if there is a way to change windows 7 highlight color

GSquadron, Aug 14, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

How to change the Highlight color automatically

DRDNA, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

How to change the Highlight color automatically

1. How to change the Highlight color automatically - Similar Threads - change Highlight color

2. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  3. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanently change highlight color in registry: I have changed the highlight color in registry Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors under "Hilight" to be deep blue 0 0 128, after restarting the computer the changes are effective, but for some reason after some time the changes are simply reverted to a lighter...
  4. Permanently change highlight color in registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Color Change Automatically How to Change ??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color Change Automatically How to Change ??: Hi,I have question that when, I was seeing YouTube in Brave,then suddenly my color became distorted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-change-automatically-how-to-change/5acaea1d-2d67-4135-bf09-aceeb2a8ae43
  6. Color Change Automatically How to Change ??

Color Change Automatically How to Change ??: Hi,I have question that when, I was seeing YouTube in Brave,then suddenly my color became distorted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-change-automatically-how-to-change/5acaea1d-2d67-4135-bf09-aceeb2a8ae43
  7. Color Change Automatically How to Change ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. CTRL+F Change highlight color

CTRL+F Change highlight color: Pressing CTRL+F brings up the search box. When I type a term in the search box, select "Highlight All" and press the up or down arrows, the found text is highlighted in blue, which is very hard to see. Is there any way to change the highlight color?...
  9. Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?

in Windows 10 Support
    Highlighted text is automatically copied to clipboard, how to change?: By simply highlighting text it gets copied to the clipboard overwriting content already there. I think I may have set this to happen some time ago and can't now workout how I did it, or how to undo it. Can anyone help me stop this behaviour? 125264
  10. Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Highlighted Text Color in Windows 10 When you highlight text in classic Win32 system windows and dialogs in Windows 10, the text color will be white by default. This tutorial will show you how to...