Windows 10: How to change the icon to default of os:c

Discus and support How to change the icon to default of os:c in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to change the os:c icon to default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by qaz wsx, Apr 25, 2021.

1. qaz wsx Win User

How to change the icon to default of os:c

how to change the os:c icon to default

:)

qaz wsx, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Phil D Win User

File Explorer Navigation Pane Default Icons Have Changed

Hello! First time posting here.

I asked this question about a week ago on the HP community, and although a suggestion was offered, the problem persists.

I cannot give an exact date, but at some point my File Explorer Navigation Pane Icons changed from the default:

How to change the icon to default of os:c [​IMG]

to this:

How to change the icon to default of os:c [​IMG]

Notice they are folder icons with the unique icon picture 'overlay'

Brief history:
    • I have had my HP Spectre x360 15 (4K touch display) for about 6 weeks.
    • Initial file transfer was done using Windows (7) Easy Transfer (migwiz) which I have used on other machines without incident. Using the advanced selection; no settings were transferred, just Documents, Pictures, Music, Video.
    • I do not use any outside themes; just experimented a few times using the built in HP themes.
    • I have gone so far as to try overriding the current icons using the registry modifications mentioned in this Ten Forums post: Change Icons of Folders in This PC in Windows 10
    • When I tried the suggestions in Option One, the only change which occurred was that the unique icon picture was removed and only the plain folder icon remained. Yet the registry entries outlined in Option 2 “Change Icons of Folders in This PC for All Users” all appear to be correct.
    • There are no “exotic” programs on the computer – just Office 365, Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Elements, Bootstrap Studio, Inkscape, etc.
    Purchased at the same time was an HP Envy x360 laptop which is almost identical in specifications and installed programs except it has a regular Full HD touch screen (1920x1080). The Navigation Pane icons there are the expected 'default' as shown in the second screenshot.

Any ideas what may have caused this and any suggestions how to get the default icons back?

Phil D, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Default apps icon has changed to Mail icon in 'Apps and Features' section in Settings after updated to OS build 15063

Hi Arani,

If you want to change back the apps icon to default, follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start menu. It's the Windows logo on the bottom left corner of your screen.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Default apps.
    • Click on the app you want to change under the category of Choose default apps.
    • Click on the app you want to make the default.

or
    • Under Choose default apps, you can click Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults to change back all the apps to default.

Let us know if you need further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Acelyn Alc, Apr 25, 2021
  4. How to change the icon to default of os:c

How to Change the Default Internet Explorer Icon for website shortcut to the website icon

Hi,

If you want to change default icon of a browser when dragging a URL to your desktop, follow the steps below:

• On the search bar of Start menu, type apps
    • Click on App & features.
    • On the right pane, select Default apps.
    • On Default apps, click Web browser.
    • Choose your desired browser.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

How to change the icon to default of os:c

1. How to change the icon to default of os:c - Similar Threads - change icon default

2. How to change the default archive icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default archive icon: The default icon for .rar .zip etc. archives is atrocious. I can barely tell the icon is different than just a stock folder. I was hoping to skip winrar on the new rig just to reduce clutter since most of the software is already there but the icons are unusable. Is there a...
  3. How to change the default archive icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default archive icon: The default icon for .rar .zip etc. archives is atrocious. I can barely tell the icon is different than just a stock folder. I was hoping to skip winrar on the new rig just to reduce clutter since most of the software is already there but the icons are unusable. Is there a...
  4. Changing Default Icons in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Default Icons in Win10: How do you change the default icons that are used by Windows 10? Search results have been pretty muddy. This just doesn't seem like it should be this difficult. I'm mostly interested in folders and file types (mp3, mp4, pdf, etc.) Btw, I've been changing icons individually...
  5. Change folder icons by default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change folder icons by default?: Hello i have a server and i use because i have so many folders i have icons for the folders but when i access them on another pc there are only empty folders and i have to set them again i can save the icons https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/ordner-icons-standardmaessig-aendern
  6. How To Change default os android os to Windows

How To Change default os android os to Windows: i have installed an android operating system and by mistake i have set it to default how to change it back to windows. when i switch on the pc it shows dell's logo and then directly opens the android os Note - it doesn't show windows logo on startup, so we cant open...
  7. Change default c: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default c: drive: Okay, I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer I can understand. I added a new bigger SSD, I cloned it to my current c: drive. All I want to do is switch these drives....
  8. How do I change the default icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the default icons?: Just wondering how and if I can change the default icons in windows and if there is anything I could use to do so thanks submitted by /u/HuNtEd_10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e09jfh/how_do_i_change_the_default_icons/
  9. How to change H B A to default icon ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change H B A to default icon ?: I'm restart computer icon button Window Position ,Auto Hide, Close change to H B A How to change H B A to default icon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-h-b-a-to-default-icon/b876fe39-1efa-48c8-9f1d-718522ad15a0
  10. Changing Default Library Icons?

Changing Default Library Icons?: Okay so I know this has to do with registry editing. The problem is I don't know how to do it. The ones I want to change the most are these: To clarify I do not mean the ones under C:/User/Me" but "This PC" as you see below. [img] I refuse to believe this cannot be...