Windows 10: How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10

Discus and support How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you want to change News and Interests Feed language in Windows 10, then this post can come in handy. News and Interests is a taskbar widget of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 23, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10

If you want to change News and Interests Feed language in Windows 10, then this post can come in handy. News and Interests is a taskbar widget of Windows 10 and this new and built-in feature is started rolling out for all users. After enabling News and Interests on taskbar, users can view current weather conditions (based on their locations), get information about traffic, news, breaking headlines, etc., with the default language. Those who want to access all such information in some other languages, they can do that with some very simple steps.

How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

News and Interests taskbar widget supports 50+ languages such as Hindi, Dansk, Deutsch, Français, Italian, Polski, etc. You can easily switch to any language anytime and the feed will visible in that particular language.

Change News and Interests Feed Language

You need to access the Experience Settings section of the News and Interests widget to change the language. Here are the steps:

1. Open News and Interests widget
    2. Access Language and content option
    3. Use the drop-down menu to select a language
    4. Open News and Interests widget again
    5. Use the Refresh button.

At first, you need to open News and Interests widget by placing or hovering the mouse cursor on its taskbar icon. If for some reason, News and Interests widget is not showing or missing from the taskbar, then you can try some simple fixes to show it on the taskbar.

After opening the widget, access the Language and content option. For that, click on the Settings icon (three horizontal dots) available on the top right corner, and then select the Language and content option.

How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Now Experience Settings section of the News and Interests widget will open in the Microsoft Edge browser. There, use the drop menu to select a language available under Language & content section.

Once you have selected a language, that page will refresh automatically. The language for News and Interests widget is not changed yet.

Read next: How to customize News and Interests taskbar widget in Windows 10.

Now come back to your desktop and open News and Interests widget again. After that, click on the Refresh button or icon available on the top part (just before the Manage Interests option). Now it will refresh the feed and show the feed content in the language set by you.

Hope it is helpful.

This article How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 23, 2021
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 23, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, May 23, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10

News and Interest - Shows Not Connected

Hello Jaxsf, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Were you connected to the Internet at the time?

For now, you might see if you may be able to use the method in the tutorial below to change the feed language in News and Interests. You can go directly to the link in Microsoft Edge instead to set this.

How to Change Language of Feed for News and Interests in Windows 10

Brink, May 23, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change the Language of News and Interests Feed on the Taskbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change Language News

2. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration: My computer's domain was migrated recently, and immediately afterwards, my News & Interests feed and the weather bug stopped working.Now the pop-up window just says "We're having trouble loading your feed" and "You might be offline, or there could be something happening on...
  3. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration: My computer's domain was migrated recently, and immediately afterwards, my News & Interests feed and the weather bug stopped working.Now the pop-up window just says "We're having trouble loading your feed" and "You might be offline, or there could be something happening on...
  4. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken after domain migration

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  6. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken

News & Interests feed in taskbar broken: Hi,Yesterday I updated to the latest version of Windows and got this new news feed on my taskbar. It was working fine up until today, now it's stuck highlighted and no longer opens when I hover the mouse on it. When I click on it, nothing happens again.This may be a release...
  7. News and interests not changing language

News and interests not changing language: This **** piece of **** in my taskbar wont change language no matter how many times i go into settings, language and regions and set it to english, us. When i press refresh, it stays in chinese. When i restart my computer, it stays in chinese. What the **** is wrong with this...
  8. Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s News and Interests taskbar feed gets new features: With the latest batch of cumulative preview updates, Microsoft is updating Windows 10’s News and Interests feature with more options to customize the overall experience. After the latest cumulative preview update for Windows 10 version 21H1, version 20H2 and 2004, Microsoft...
  9. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  10. Taskbar news feed language problem

Taskbar news feed language problem: HelloSo I just got an update for my windows which added in the taskbar news feed. At first it was completely fine but 10 minutes in it changed it's language to chinese and no matter what I do, it wont change it back. Everything else is in english nor do I find a chinese...