Windows 10: How to change the language to English?

Discus and support How to change the language to English? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Last month, I brought a laptop in China , which is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Window 10 Chinese family version. I want to change the whole laptop's system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Han Yue You, Jul 18, 2018.

1. How to change the language to English?

Last month, I brought a laptop in China , which is Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Window 10 Chinese family version. I want to change the whole laptop's system to English. When I open the laptop, it's Chinese, I ask the worker to help me to change to English, they went to setting to change the language to English, it doesn't work, some part it changed to English, we also tried to select the region, still it doesn't work. I heard you need to download a English language package and then the computer can fully change to English version. It's a emergency, I really need English version. Help me!

:)

Han Yue You, Jul 18, 2018

2. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 18, 2018
  3. how to change chinese language to english language in window 10 Xiaomi Note Air 12.5 in

Hi Jennery,

I suggest you to try below steps to change language.

• Press Windows + X key in the Windows desktop and click
      Control Panel.

• Open Language.

• Click on Add a Language and then select a desired language (Example: English) and click Open.

• Now select a Language (Example: English (United States).
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 18, 2018
  4. a1man Win User

How to change the language to English?

Can't change speech language to English (India).

hi

today I installed win 10 1511 version and faced the same problem, the issue is just that we didn't installed the speech recognition for English India language pack.

to install the speech recognition follow the steps

• go to time and language and then click on region and
      language
    • click on the English India language and click on options.
    • under the language options download the Speech pack.
    • after the feature has installed you can change the speech language from English us to English IN and Cortana runs efficiently

a1man, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

How to change the language to English?

1. How to change the language to English? - Similar Threads - change language English

2. How to change Windows language back to English

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Windows language back to English: [IMG]If you have accidentally changed your Windows PC language to another language that you are not familiar with and want t change it back to English, then this post offers instructions on how to get it done. The language of display you choose in Windows 11 or Windows 10...
  3. Language change from Deutsch to English

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language change from Deutsch to English: I am buying a Lenovo laptop, and in the description it says that the OS is windows 10 pro Deutsch/German. For some other model it says windows 10 pro Deutsch, English, French etc. What does this mean actually? Does this mean that the model installed with German OS will...
  4. How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change it to English? I've changed everything to English in the language settings.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikkws9/how_can_i_change_it_to_english_ive_changed/
  5. How to change Thai calendar to English Language

How to change Thai calendar to English Language: Dear all, My my calendar on the taskbar show Thai Language and I cannot find the function to change to English language. I need someone to help to show me the way how to change it. [ATTACH]...
  6. How to change language and competitions from American English to British English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change language and competitions from American English to British English: Can language be changed from American English to British English especially for Daily Challenges https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-language-and-competitions-from/2e8bf3a9-04ce-4cd1-8692-bee9f2ee9674
  7. Windows 10 How to change Language to English completely

Windows 10 How to change Language to English completely: Hi, currently I am over seas in Taiwan to visit my family. While I'm here right now I purchased a new gaming laptop (Asus ROG Strix Scar II) however, the store setup my laptop before I got there and everything was set to Chinese. In the store he did help me set things to...
  8. change my language to english

change my language to english: please help me change my computer to english https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-language-to-english/d5ff6360-849c-47db-8ca0-b9e41cd59a2c
  9. How to Change App Language to English?

How to Change App Language to English?: Hi, I'm using Windows 10. For some reason the language for my default applications e.g. Mail, Photos (and even Skype) have been set to Japanese. How do I change it back to English? Thank you....
  10. Cant change language to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change language to english: Hello my friend I bought a new laptop here in japan But Cant change my language to english Also cant download language pack Pls need help,, 43090