Windows 10: How to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file, to else than root

Discus and support How to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file, to else than root in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On windows 10, how to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file (partial random name, for ex. msi1a234.tmp)? If a MSIsamplefile.msi is run from a dir.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by budi, Jan 11, 2018.

1. budi Win User

How to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file, to else than root

On windows 10, how to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file (partial random name, for ex. msi1a234.tmp)? If a MSIsamplefile.msi is run from a dir. under D: drive it creates these files in root of D:\ drive

Please help me ! this's so bad and silly windows' conduct

:)

2. How to set default location of My Documents to interal Storage Card in WM6.1

1) Yes, if your ringtones are in the root directory of my storage than the I900 will read it from there and not copy it.

2) If the ringtone is not in the root directory of my storage then the device copies the file to my /my documents/my ringtones/ if however my documents is mapped to the storage card it will not cause a problem, if its not then the device storage will quickly
    get filled up as every time you change the ringtone the file will be copied.

key to this is to place the ringtone in the root directory of my stoarge or move the location of my documents.

Jay_Samsung_Omnia, Jan 11, 2018
  3. How to change location of MSI????.tmp file

On windows 10, how to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file (ex. msi1a234.tmp), if a MSIsamplefile.msi is run on a dir. under D: drive it creates these files in root of D:\ drive

Please help me ! this's so bad and silly windows' conduct

abdulbadii, Jan 11, 2018
Thema:

How to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file, to else than root

1. How to change the location of MSI?????.tmp file, to else than root - Similar Threads - change location MSI

2. Change file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  3. Change file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change file location: To Microsoft: So I was trying to change a game's location from C: to D: Windows 11, and I accidentally moved everything that I have in C: to D:, and now my C:/User/Eric, this account folder was somehow deleted. And now I can't change it back to it's original location because...
  4. tmp files .tmp

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tmp files .tmp: I can empty all data in local temp folder , but as soon as open any web browser like Chrome or Microsoft edge they reappear. The files look like fc11a109-3f15-45b0-b483-630e1584a674.tmp. If I try then to delete the files individually, I get the message " The action can't be...
  5. Unusual tmp files

Unusual tmp files: I navigated to a folder on my local server and noticed that a tmp file flashed in to view briefly in the folder and then disappeared. I was able to open a properties view window before it disappeared. It showed a file named EVPS_1744_4132_20201613742.tmp owned by the...
  6. tmp files

tmp files: I have loads of 'tmp' files being created hourly and find this very annoying. Only started happening in last 2 weeks. Anyone know how I can stop these from being created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tmp-files/743ff527-0706-4d34-8617-95f837722af4"
  7. can't locate .msi file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't locate .msi file: I recently updated Paintshop Pro X9 to Paintshop Pro 2019 (purchased online with a digital download). Today I was advised that there was an update and tried to install it. however very soon after the update started it requested the location of the PSPPro.msi file. Despite...
  8. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...
  9. Change file location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change file location: Hi All I have just changed my laptop after 10 years with my previous one. As I have done on my PC. I need to change the location of Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music and Downloads from C which is an SSD to D the HDD, now I have done this before no problem, but this time I...
  10. Change default program files location to drive other than C?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change default program files location to drive other than C?: There is the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion but changing the location in there, doesn't appear to be doing anything. I have a relatively small SSD and I can not install everything to my C drive. I appreciate anyone's help. 13628