Windows 10: How to change the menu bar color in applications

Discus and support How to change the menu bar color in applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the same question as was recently posted by another user who did not receive a solution and still had the thread locked, which is frustrating.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tamason, Mar 12, 2021.

1. tamason Win User

How to change the menu bar color in applications

I have the same question as was recently posted by another user who did not receive a solution and still had the thread locked, which is frustrating. So, since there are several users that still have this question I'm copying and pasting his question here. I'm fully willing to use Regedit to accomplish this but I can't figure out which key it is.

When activating windows dark mode, lots of applications including windows file explorer, ... turn automatically to full dark mode as well.

But some seem to not have completly developped their dark theme and some elements still appear white f.i. Title bar and File menu bar. This includes some windows "legacy" application like control panel, registry editor, ...

After research, it seems it is because not all default window colors are changed when switching to dark mode. In particular, Title bar and File menu bar remain white per default and by lowering specs, I also noticed a white canvas/background before applications like file explorer fully load.

Thus If an application do not provide a full dark theme, some elements will appear white per default.

Hence my question: Do someone know which registry key to edit in order to change the default color for the File menu bar ? or simply how to do it

I managed to find in registry how to modify default Title bar color; but the File Menu bar remains white c.f. snip below. I will continue searching meanwhile.

Many thanks in advance for your help !

How to change the menu bar color in applications 01b5856c-f40c-4640-af81-18361b83a0f6?upload=true.png

:)

tamason, Mar 12, 2021

2. Windows 10: Change the color of application title bar

I am unable to change the color of the title bar.

I tried to change in Color settings.

Start menu and task bar colors are changing, but title bar is not.

Also, it is hard to distinguish between a focused window from non-focused as there is no visual difference apart from title text grays out. There should be very clear difference.

Omkar Sheral, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 12, 2021
  4. How to change the menu bar color in applications

How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

How to change the menu bar color in applications

1. How to change the menu bar color in applications - Similar Threads - change menu bar

2. Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?: I'm experiencing an issue with Windows10 / 11. I use one program which is a tablet display, when this tablet display is powered off for hours then powered back up after many hours. The one program I use has it's menu bar disabled and the menu is white, normally it's grey, as...
  3. Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickers and menu bar in program changes color ?: I'm experiencing an issue with Windows10 / 11. I use one program which is a tablet display, when this tablet display is powered off for hours then powered back up after many hours. The one program I use has it's menu bar disabled and the menu is white, normally it's grey, as...
  4. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?: I want to change the color of the start menu, task bar and drop down menu on my browser, how do I accomplish this task.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-start-menu-and/ce5ef7c8-d727-4fcd-9004-7d8b08b11144
  5. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?: I want to change the color of the start menu, task bar and drop down menu on my browser, how do I accomplish this task.thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-color-of-the-start-menu-and/ce5ef7c8-d727-4fcd-9004-7d8b08b11144
  6. how do I change the color of the start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors

Is there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar Title Bar, Start Menu colors: V 2004 (OS 1941.508) Good morning there a RegEdit to Change Task Bar, Start Menu colors and also the Active Title Bar and Inactive title Bar colors that works, please? I have searched and tried numerous ways to set my Taskbar and Start Menu to one color and the Activated...
  8. How to change boot menu color?

How to change boot menu color?: By default, the boot menu is blue background with white text, I would like to know on how to change boot menu color into black background with white text. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  9. How to change search bar color?

How to change search bar color?: Ever since the most recent update a few days ago (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.418) my search bar for 'Cortana' has gone white! It is very irritating and I want it to go back to dark grey. If I change the Windows or App Modes in 'Colors Setting' it makes everything else dark...
  10. How to change search bar color?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change search bar color?: Ever since the most recent update a few days ago (Version 1903, OS Build 18362.418) my search bar for 'Cortana' has gone white! It is very irritating and I want it to go back to dark grey. If I change the Windows or App Modes in 'Colors Setting' it makes everything else dark...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Change menu bar color Windows 10