Windows 10: How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?

Discus and support How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. I am a recent graduate who built my computer about 2 years ago. Back then, I had microsoft office given by the school. Later I moved away and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shukan, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Shukan Win User

How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?

Hello.

I am a recent graduate who built my computer about 2 years ago. Back then, I had microsoft office given by the school. Later I moved away and lost access to office, so in order to gain it back I used my parents' credentials. Since then, my entire user account on this machine has been linked to their microsoft account. I have to log in to their microsoft account to change settings, I can't control some of my settings, and I had to set up a local password so thatevery time they reset the password and didn't tell me, I retained access to my machine. I'm basically this close to slashing and burning - reinstalling windows entirely. I would rather keep everything I have installed as is, so hopefully you guys can help me.

I would like to remove their account from my computer. To clarify, I would like to scrub their entire microsoft account and all logins on this computer associated with that microsoft account. I want to restore this computer to my original microsoft account which operates with a different email and is not, in any way, operated by them.

:)

Shukan, Dec 17, 2020

2. Change Microsoft account

Hi,

Changing the email address attached to your gamertag will not affect your current game data. To change the email address associated to your gamertag, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on the link below.

How to change the email address associated with your Microsoft Account

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 17, 2020
  3. SpiritGp Win User
    Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it. He's essentially taken over that profile. Any and all suggestions appreciated shy of saving local data
    wiping it.

SpiritGp, Dec 17, 2020
  4. How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?

Windows 10 - Change Microsoft Account?

When I installed Win10, I used my secondary gmail account to connect to Microsoft. I would much rather associate with my primary gmail account.

Is it possible to CHANGE the Microsoft account associated with my Windows10 User account?

I did ADD another Microsoft account under Settings > Your Account. I can see my primary gmail listed at the bottom of the page, but I this does not affect my login.

Suggestions, anyone?

MarkPelletier, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine?

1. How to change the microsoft account associated with a machine? - Similar Threads - change microsoft account

2. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  3. How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Microsoft account associated with local Administrator account - After...: My Windows 10 administrator account has become associated with my childs Microsoft account / email and I now can't access certain apps and settings due to Family restrictions, crippling my computer.How can i change the Microsoft account associated with my local administrator...
  4. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  5. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change email associated with Microsoft account: Hi,Last night when logging on to my PC I accidentally clicked on 'forgot password'. There were no issues as I simply clicked cancel and continued. However, I did notice that the re-set information was going to be sent to an old email address that I no longer use and which...
  6. Change email associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change account name associated with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change account name associated with Microsoft account: I just bought a new Dell XPS and when I signed in, I noticed the user path it gave me was "andre". I think I remember seeing this on my previous laptop, but I don't remember how I fixed it. My microsoft account is under Andrew *Last Name* and my associated email is...
  8. Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing Microsoft account associated with a profile: My child somehow associated his Microsoft account from school with the main profile on our home PC and we can't figure out how to change/remove it. He's essentially taken over that profile. Any and all suggestions appreciated shy of saving local data wiping it....
  9. How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Microsoft account associated with Xbox profile (?): How do I go about changing my Microsoft account that's currently associated with my Xbox account to a different one? I'm aware of the "aliases" thing that you can do, but that doesn't work for existing Microsoft accounts....
  10. Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the Microsoft account associated with a logon?: So we setup a MS account for my daughter, using her email address, but accidentally put in my birthdate so it got created as an adult account. This means I can't add the account to my "Family" so I can setup parental controls. According to Microsoft, there is no way to change...