Windows 10: How to change the Microsoft Account connected to my computer

Discus and support How to change the Microsoft Account connected to my computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Under the Your Info tab shows my Display Name, however it is connected to my ex's gmail.How do I change this to my gmail?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mubbles, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Mubbles Win User

How to change the Microsoft Account connected to my computer

Under the Your Info tab shows my Display Name, however it is connected to my ex's gmail.How do I change this to my gmail?

:)

Mubbles, Oct 21, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Cannot change from local account to microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• Are you able to login to computer using Microsoft account?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to login to Microsoft account.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.
    • Click on Switch User.
    • Select the Microsoft account on the computer and try to logging in.

Note: You may need internet connection to access the Microsoft account.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change the Microsoft Account connected to my computer - Similar Threads - change Microsoft Account

2. How do i change the Microsoft account that is connected to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the Microsoft account that is connected to my pc: A few weeks ago someone hacked my microsoft account, and i need to change the Microsoft account that is linked to me pc because of this. can someone please help me....
  3. How do i change the Microsoft account that is connected to my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i change the Microsoft account that is connected to my pc: A few weeks ago someone hacked my microsoft account, and i need to change the Microsoft account that is linked to me pc because of this. can someone please help me....
  4. How to change the Microsoft Account connected to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the Microsoft Account connected to my computer: Under the Your Info tab shows my Display Name, however it is connected to my ex's gmail.How do I change this to my gmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-microsoft-account-connected-to/e9ad7b41-3374-49d3-abe2-046949b0a97b
  5. How to change the Microsoft Account connected to my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the Microsoft Account connected to my computer: Under the Your Info tab shows my Display Name, however it is connected to my ex's gmail.How do I change this to my gmail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-microsoft-account-connected-to/e9ad7b41-3374-49d3-abe2-046949b0a97b
  6. How to change Microsoft Store Account without changing computer's account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to change Microsoft Store Account without changing computer's account: Hi, so I'm trying to install a game on my laptop that I already own, however the account I'm using is different than the one that I am trying to access. Is there a way I can change my store account without changing the laptop's account?...
  7. How do I change the main microsoft account on my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the main microsoft account on my computer?: I looked it up and found multiple tutorials that say to first change it to a local account, then sign in with the new one, but there just isn't an option to use a local account for me, even after I removed all the other accounts. How? submitted by /u/lophlo [link]...
  8. How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?

How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?: Hello all, When I built my computer and started up my Windows 10 a couple of years ago, I was asked to sign in with a Microsoft or School account. I decided to sign in with my School account. I have now graduated and I have concerns that the email address I used would be...
  9. How to connect Microsoft Account without changing local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to connect Microsoft Account without changing local account login: Short version: How can I connect my Microsoft account to my windows account without it forcing significant account-wide changes, the most abhorrent of which is forcing a password or pin log-in? Long version: I hate the way that adding a Microsoft account hijacks my local...
  10. How to change accounts on computer

How to change accounts on computer: How do I change accounts on this computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-accounts-on-computer/ab612479-735e-4423-8069-9e9c6a2cf300