Windows 10: how to change the name of a Microsoft account

Discus and support how to change the name of a Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to change the name of a Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gn1, May 9, 2019.

1. GN1
    gn1 Win User

how to change the name of a Microsoft account

:)

2. Query about changing the account name

Hi Stephanie,

Since you have already changed the name on your Microsoft account, we suggest switching into a local account, and then log back in with your Microsoft account. This way, we can be sure that any changes made to your Microsoft account will be synced to your
    local user account.

For steps on how to switch to a local account:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Switch to a local account.

To switch back to a Microsoft account:

• Follow steps 1-3 above to get to Accounts.
    • Under Your account, click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

If the issue persists, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, May 9, 2019
  3. Microsoft account name change not working on laptop

Hi Nathan,

There might be some conflicts on the settings of your PC and your Microsoft account. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you follow the steps provided on this
      article
      to change the name of your Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried checking if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    • When you said that "when I log on to my laptop the user account is still showing the old name", are you referring on the sign-in screen name?
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, May 9, 2019
  4. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. how to change the name of a Microsoft account - Similar Threads - change name Microsoft

2. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly: Before I took my 2 hours break, I let my PC as it is. When I got back, I had to log in before I was able to access desktop as usual.It shocked me when I saw that my username had been changed to "Gilang Putra". I immediately checked to the Microsoft website to see if there was...
  3. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly: Before I took my 2 hours break, I let my PC as it is. When I got back, I had to log in before I was able to access desktop as usual.It shocked me when I saw that my username had been changed to "Gilang Putra". I immediately checked to the Microsoft website to see if there was...
  4. Microsoft Account Name changed suddenly

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change Display Name Microsoft Account?

Change Display Name Microsoft Account?: On my family computer I am the only admin and I want to change my user account display name to admin. I signed into my Microsoft account for the user so I could manage family stuff from there, But it automatically sets my logon display name as James Hatcher. The name of the...
  6. How to change the account name!

How to change the account name!: I recently reset my pc. Remove all files and appsAfter the reset I signed in and I noticed that my user account name was 'pdeep' which is first 5 letters of my email address.Is there a way to change that. I have seen solution to change via the Change account Name option in...
  7. Change account name associated with Microsoft account

Change account name associated with Microsoft account: I just bought a new Dell XPS and when I signed in, I noticed the user path it gave me was "andre". I think I remember seeing this on my previous laptop, but I don't remember how I fixed it. My microsoft account is under Andrew *Last Name* and my associated email is...
  8. How can I change Microsoft account name

How can I change Microsoft account name: When I have created a Microsoft account there was a mistake in my name and now I want change it with right name but don't know how i can change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-microsoft-account-name/2445db65-46da-4495-8fe2-af01a47b5f59
  9. Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing the name on a Microsoft account and changing the administrator: I am using my deceased father in laws PC. The Microsoft account is his and I do not have his password so I cannot download apps etc. How do I change that? Also, he is established as administrator and I want to change that to myself. Is there a way to do that without...
  10. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...