Windows 10: How to change the name of a new folder?

Discus and support How to change the name of a new folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I create a new folder, I cannot rename it? Is there a magic trick to doing this? 15058 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gary, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

How to change the name of a new folder?

When I create a new folder, I cannot rename it? Is there a magic trick to doing this?

:)

Gary, Aug 9, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

how to change the account name of a Windows 10 local account?

Hi Baa,

Open Control Panel - User Accounts

On your Account, choose Change Your Account Name

That's It!

DaveM121, Aug 9, 2015
  3. how to change the account name of a Windows 10 local account?

Have set up my Windows 10 laptop for signing in with a local account, rather than a Microsoft account. I now want to change the name that I have chosen for the local account. Can't seem to find how to do that - any answers?

michaeltoft1, Aug 9, 2015
  4. How to change the name of a new folder?

Where are you creating this folder?

logicearth, Aug 9, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    It does not matter, in Documents, Desktop or any Library

Gary, Aug 9, 2015
  6. caperjack Win User
    there is no trick to it ,works the same as it always has,,

caperjack, Aug 9, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    Well it does not for me.

Gary, Aug 9, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

so you/we now need to find a fix for your issue ..
    I would start with system file checker to see if it will repair you windows ,

open ,admin command prompt , right click on the windows icon for the prompt ,,and type in ,, sfc /scannow ,and let it run to see if helps

caperjack, Aug 9, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    How to change the name of a new folder? [​IMG]

I will but this is what I get when I try to rename it

Gary, Aug 9, 2015
  10. XweAponX Win User
    When you create a new folder it should be selected for editing automatically. If you leave it, it will name it "New Folder". To change it at that point, you should be able to single left-click on it to get it back into Edit mode. What's happening when you left-click on it? Maybe try a different mouse.

XweAponX, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    A new mouse does not help. I also cannot move/copy a file either. I have to copy and paste it.

12. nabucco Win User
    I also have a similar problem. It looks like a File Explorer problem. Other explorers work well (Total Commander, XYplorer, etc)

nabucco, Aug 10, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

Well, I fixed it . I have no idea how. I removed a program that was call 7Stacks which was not compatible and I also changed a bunch of other stuff back to default.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!

14. caperjack Win User
    great,good luck in the future

caperjack, Aug 10, 2015
  15. caperjack Win User
    your welcome

caperjack, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. How to change the name of a new folder? - Similar Threads - change name folder

2. How to change user name folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change user name folder: I tried to change the user name folder "DIZON" to something different. I've already changed my computer name and others but I can't somehow change the user name folder on the local disk. How should I fix this?...
  3. How to change user name folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change user name folder: I tried to change the user name folder "DIZON" to something different. I've already changed my computer name and others but I can't somehow change the user name folder on the local disk. How should I fix this?...
  4. How to change the user folder name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the user folder name?: My user folder name is showing as sachi but I want it to be SachiniF. how can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-folder-name/aa183848-8841-4a30-b22d-f185facc8cd5
  5. How to change this folder name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change this folder name?: I know how to rename the folder but this one wont let me do so. So when the person who set up this laptop for me, misspell my name and now i want to change it. Please help...
  6. How to change the name of this folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name of this folder?: https://i.imgur.com/wnIWHkK.png Can't upload the image for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-this-folder/93bad2b5-a6f7-41af-b0dc-da05220e1b70
  7. How to change User folder name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change User folder name: Hi there. I made a stupid mistake when installing windows for the first time and i signed in with my email. Now my user folder name are the first letters of my email...Its a stupid name and due to limited characters its not even full. So, is there a way to change the name....
  8. How to change User Folder Name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change User Folder Name ?: I purchased a used tablet. The seller reinstalled a clean version of Windows 10 Pro. I used a MS account to login . I renamed the tablet from the original Tablet7 to another name. However the User Folder in C drive is still named Tablet7. How do I change the folder name to my...
  9. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name: I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are...
  10. Change New Folder Name Template in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Folder Name Template in Windows: How to: Change New Folder Name Template in Windows How to Change Default New Folder Name Template in Windows A folder is a location where you can store your files. You can create any number of folders and even store folders inside other folders (subfolders). When you...