Windows 10: How to change the name of a webcam?

Discus and support How to change the name of a webcam? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My first post here, so my apologies if this isn't appropriate for this sub. I've spent a couple hours trying to figure this out on my own. I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SmellyFinger, Aug 18, 2020.

1. How to change the name of a webcam?

My first post here, so my apologies if this isn't appropriate for this sub. I've spent a couple hours trying to figure this out on my own. I have an external, USB microphone and cameras (a wired lapel mic and 2 Logitech C925e cameras). I can easily change the names of audio devices in Sound Settings and have those set up the way I want. However, I cannot find a way to rename my cameras. They both have the same default Friendly Name of "Logitech C925e Webcam" so there's no way to tell them apart by their names.

I did see how this can be done in the registry, but I don't have admin rights on this work-issued computer. Is this really the only way to do it? Seems strange since changing audio device names is so easy and user friendly.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/SmellyFinger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SmellyFinger, Aug 18, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile How to change the name of a webcam? :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Aug 18, 2020
  4. How to change the name of a webcam?

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

How to change the name of a webcam?

1. How to change the name of a webcam? - Similar Threads - change name webcam

2. How to change "desktop" name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change "desktop" name?: Hi! Im russian and my windows 11 doesn't allow me to change system language to English. So with russian language path to my desktop in terminal looks like "C:\Users\zuteh\OneDrive\Рабочий стол>". "Рабочий стол" means "desktop", I want to change it to english, cause I think...
  3. How to change the color on my webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to change the color on my webcam: I just installed a webcam on my Huawei laptop running Windows 10. Switching to the webcam in Zoom was simple, but the image colors are off. The Camera app doesn't recognize the webcam but doesn't have any color options anyway. Anyone know how to change color hues on a...
  4. How to change the name of this folder?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the name of this folder?: https://i.imgur.com/wnIWHkK.png Can't upload the image for some reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-name-of-this-folder/93bad2b5-a6f7-41af-b0dc-da05220e1b70
  5. how to change name of adminstrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to change name of adminstrator: how to change the administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-name-of-adminstrator/3afbeb2d-69e7-4a9d-b6d4-6accb1a4c687
  6. How to change windows name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change windows name?: [ATTACH] Hey, I am sorta confused on this. How do I change this name? Its the name that shows up in CMD and under my user for this account but I have it set as my actual name? I want to change "ilike" into another name, how does one do this?...
  7. how to change webcam source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to change webcam source: hi,is there any way to change the webcam in my facebook video call because it always uses the IR camera instead of the normal webcam [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-webcam-source/55972288-49bd-46dd-a250-9fe110e1bcdf
  8. Changing to a Webcam

Changing to a Webcam: Hello, My laptop is over five years old and the camera quality is AWEFUL! I bought a Logitech C615 to use instead but I cannot figure out how to set up the new webcam as the default camera and video. Please help...
  9. how to change administrator name

how to change administrator name: I would like to change administrator name on all sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-administrator-name/9ebf0b22-2797-439a-a2d9-1d64befba528
  10. How to change Account Name and User Name?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...