Windows 10: How to change the name of removable disk storage in the file explores that renames...

Discus and support How to change the name of removable disk storage in the file explores that renames... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I need help with this issue, I have a PC that renames all removable disk storage flash drives when plugging in. The renaming issue only appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AgathaZT, Nov 21, 2022.

1. AgathaZT Win User

How to change the name of removable disk storage in the file explores that renames...

Hello,I need help with this issue, I have a PC that renames all removable disk storage flash drives when plugging in. The renaming issue only appears in the drive letter E:, another drive letter is fine. I checked the disk management info and the name of my flash drive was correct meanwhile the file explores wrongly shown see attachment. I tried changing the flash drive's name and formatting it at first it worked, but on the second plugging its name changed again, but all of it isn't worked. How should I fix this issue?

:)

AgathaZT, Nov 21, 2022

2. Can't assign volume names in File Explorer

PARTHA SARATHI DEY, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Can't rename "Local drive" in File Explorer

Hi,
    Thank you for posting on Microsoft community forums.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• How exactly did you change the Name of the Partition?
    • Is any drive letter assigned to the Disk Drive in Disk management?
    • Are you able to access the contents in the Hard drive form File explorer?

I would like to suggest you to Try assigning the Drive Letter and then change the name of the drive in Disk management.

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator
    to perform these steps.

• Press Window + R key and type diskmgmt.msc
    • Right-click the partition or drive that you want to change.
    • Then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    • Assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned,
    • Click Add, click the letter that you want to use and click
      OK
    • Click Start and type This PC and right click on the drive.
    • Select properties and change the Name.
    • Click apply and OK.
    • Close and reopen the This PC and check.
    I would also suggest you to change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Orerockon Win User

How to change the name of removable disk storage in the file explores that renames...

File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying

Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has brought this up (or I am using the wrong search terms). When copying files in explorer, Windows 7 (I can't remember anything older than that LOL) I am asked what I want to do with copying files that have the same name as existing files in the destination folder. One click, keep the old file and rename the new one, bam, done. Now, trying the same thing in Win 10, I get a really stupid box, Replace the files in the destination (same as the old), Skip these files (ditto), or Let me decide for each file (abotu the same, I don't have any Win 7 boxes to check). So I click on Let me decide... and a list of all the files comes up with checkboxes for each and every one, and two to select all the files in one or both folders. So now I have an extra step compared to Win 7, I have to check off these boxes, then continue. All I had to do is click on copy and rename the files in Win 7. Does anyone else think this is a really stupid and unnecessary complication of a really common thing to do in Explorer? More to the point, is there some setting that I can turn off, to let it replace or rename everything with one simple mouse click? I've tried the old Robocpoy and Rich Copy and they're not acceptable, even more steps that explorer.

Slightly related question: is there a fully featured alternative to file explorer (by that I mean everything that Win 7 File explorer could do)? Coupled with other "deimprovements" like destroying the insanely useful "recent files & folders" in the folder pane every save/save as menu in every program and replacing it with the fatally flawed "Quick Access" I'm wanting to ditch it altogether. It would be really special if we just could revert to the old File explorer and make life a heck of a lot easier.

Orerockon, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

1. How to change the name of removable disk storage in the file explores that renames... - Similar Threads - change name removable

2. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  3. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  4. Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name: I got a new laptop and set-up myself as an administrator using my windows profile. My name is correctly everywhere in my profile except in the Windows " Users > [user name] folder. I have no idea where this name came from and it's incredibly frustrating, since it's a typo of...
  5. Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name

Unable to Rename File Explorer User Name: I got a new laptop and set-up myself as an administrator using my windows profile. My name is correctly everywhere in my profile except in the Windows " Users > [user name] folder. I have no idea where this name came from and it's incredibly frustrating, since it's a typo of...
  6. How to change the name of removable disk storage in the file explores that renames...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the name of removable disk storage in the file explores that renames...: Hello,I need help with this issue, I have a PC that renames all removable disk storage flash drives when plugging in. The renaming issue only appears in the drive letter E:, another drive letter is fine. I checked the disk management info and the name of my flash drive was...
  7. File Explorer was Renamed

File Explorer was Renamed: I don't know when exacly this happened but somehow my file explorer was renamed to File Explorer1. I think i unconciously copied and pasted file explorer because it shows "1". how to fix this ? from File Explorer 1 to File Explorer.1. Using Search2. Right Clicking The Flie...
  8. How to change name of file in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change name of file in File Explorer: How do I change a file name in File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-name-of-file-in-file-explorer/6be3d880-de63-4e08-9d6c-8be4edc13c0a"
  9. Rename/change User account in File Explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Rename/change User account in File Explorer: [img] This is what my file explorer looks like. The only user account in the control panel is TimB. I want to get rid of or rename the defaultuser1.ASUS5 account and the trgra account. I've read various account of how to fix this, but none of them exactly fit my situation....
  10. File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer rename files with the same name when copying: Quite frankly I'm surprised no one has brought this up (or I am using the wrong search terms). When copying files in explorer, Windows 7 (I can't remember anything older than that LOL) I am asked what I want to do with copying files that have the same name as existing files...