Windows 10: How to change the new Edge icon to the old one?

Discus and support How to change the new Edge icon to the old one? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't like the new Edge icon. It looks a bit like the Firefox icon. Is there a way to get back the old icon? submitted by /u/workalkoholic [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/workalkoholic, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How to change the new Edge icon to the old one?

I don't like the new Edge icon. It looks a bit like the Firefox icon. Is there a way to get back the old icon?

submitted by /u/workalkoholic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/workalkoholic, Nov 8, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 8, 2019
  4. How to change the new Edge icon to the old one?

Cannot set home button icon Microsoft Edge

Thanks for reply
    but your suggestion did not work.When i turn off home button in Edge and re-open Edge and turn on home button ...the home icon appears but fades away when Edge is re-opened.

I even uninstalled Edge and re-installed Edge following a fellow members suggestion tutorial but this step did not work either.

Very strange

treblefree, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How to change the new Edge icon to the old one?

1. How to change the new Edge icon to the old one? - Similar Threads - change Edge icon

2. Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Task bar icon for Chromium Edge: I created a shortcut, then changed its icon: right-click-> Properties -> Change Icon -> selected a .ico file. I dragged it to the taskbar and whenever I click on the taskbar icon, Edge opens in a new window with the old icon. My task bar Note that I am using Chromium Edge...
  3. how to change the desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change the desktop icon: There is no place to chose customization like the rest of the folders for the desktop icon ... (as seen in pic) 131788
  4. How to activate windows on a new PC and deactivate it on the old one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate windows on a new PC and deactivate it on the old one: Hi. I've just bought a new PC. I kinda deactivated my windows on my old PC by going to the command prompt and typing in the command. Once I was installing windows on the new PC it seemed like the code worked everything was fine. But a few hours later I started seeing the...
  5. Delete old administrator and create new one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Delete old administrator and create new one: My 90 year old father cannot use his computer anymore and does not have any idea what his administrator password was. He does not want the computer, so he gave it to me. I need to change him out as the administrator to me. How can I do this? Do I need to take the computer to...
  6. move new user prpofile to the old one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    move new user prpofile to the old one: I was thinking about moving my new user profile to my old one so i don't have to copy all the contents make it much faster, is there any way to do this? 114818
  7. create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    create/change a pin when you forgot the pin and need the old one to create/change to a new one: tried to create a new pin since I forgot the old pin but they require the old one to change to a new one. How is one to do it??? Thanks for help....Shelguy...
  8. Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Store Icon Not Changed on One Computer: Like the title says. The Windows Store icon has changed on two of my three computers. I assume it was tied to an update but afaict all three have the same updates. edit: I see the computer that the icon hasn't changed failed to install KB4032188, which did have issues it...
  9. How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?: I have a system builder version of Windows 7 installed on my old PC which I can upgrade to Windows 10 when available. Suppose if I build a new PC after one year when no more free upgrade will be available, could I be able to reinstall(migrate) windows 10 onto the new PC, by...
  10. how to clone my old hdd to my new one ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to clone my old hdd to my new one ?: I have my windows 10 and my programs installed on my Samsung ssd also I have 1 WD BLACK HARD DRIVES 1 WD blue 1 WD green also a hitachi 500 GB that hitachi recently becomes soo slow when I open a folder with videos it takes a lot of time to load the videos also...