Windows 10: How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer

Discus and support How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I change/reorder File Explorer's Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) items? I put a bunch of ribbon commands on the File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mangorunner, Oct 12, 2018.

1. How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer

How do I change/reorder File Explorer's Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) items? I put a bunch of ribbon commands on the File Explorer Quick Access Toolbar but I'm not happy with the order in which they appear... I added them as I came across them and now I would like to resort them into a more logical order.

This is never a problem for any of the Office QAT bars: just click the right-hand drop-down arrow on the toolbar and up pops a menu to "Customize Quick Access Toolbar". Click More Commands... and from there, on the right-hand side, I can move up or move down any item until I'm happy with the order.

Is there a reason this option does not appear on the File Explorer QAT?

Since it doesn't, how do I open this dialog?

My system is fully up-to-date. I appreciate your help.

Thanks!
    Carol

:)

mangorunner, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Shawn Brink, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 12, 2018
  4. How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer

1. How to Change the Order of Quick Access Toolbar Items in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Change Order Quick

2. File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer - Quick Access Toolbar - Windows 11: How can I get my File Explorer quick access toolbar back in Windows 11? It appears to have been removed in the update from Windows 10. This makes navigating file explorer pretty cumbersome with a keyboard, especially since there is no way to autofit the column widths via...
  3. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  4. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: My Documents Folders keep disappearing and being replaced by another single Document Folder. How do I stop this from happening, it's almost daily now!I found this link, but it doesn't help either:...
  5. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  6. Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer

Quick Access Items Disappear in File Explorer: In Windows 11 Pro, several times since mid-November, all of my Quick Access items in File Explorer have completely disappeared after reboot, with only the default items remaining ie. Desktop, Downloads, Documents, Pictures.This is maddening. All updates applied. Anyone else...
  7. Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items: Win10PRO ver.20H2 OS build; 19042.804 Short Story; when you open explorer to see C: drive or any other drives, on the Left pane is QUICK ACCESS, Either by dragging something in there or rightclicking and adding it Quick Access, it stays but after a restart of the...
  8. Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing: [ATTACH] Please help me, my quick access toolbar in file explorer is gone.. my view options are still on quick access and i just can seem to find any fix for it.. im thinking of reinstalling windows but i want that to do that as the last option.....
  9. Quick Access order changes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access order changes: Can anyone help with Quick Access? I've got it so that the only folders under Quick Access are: 1.Downloads, 2. Recent Folders, 3. My custom folder. The problem is that depending on which folder I've opened most recently, the order of these three changes constantly. So...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you change the order of Quick Access

2. windows change order of quick access links

3. change order quick access file explorer