Windows 10: How to change the owner's name on Windows 10

Discus and support How to change the owner's name on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought this computer from a friend of mine and I'm trying to change the name the owner's name how do I go about doing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by little chad jr, Dec 8, 2019.

1. How to change the owner's name on Windows 10

I bought this computer from a friend of mine and I'm trying to change the name the owner's name how do I go about doing that

:)

little chad jr, Dec 8, 2019
  2. BobZ2 Win User

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Register Owner Name Change After upgrade to windows version 1607

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue user name.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps:

• Press Windows key +R.

• Type netplwiz and press enter.

• Select the account and click on properties.

• Change the first name and user name.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Shubham Chaubey, Dec 8, 2019
  4. How to change the owner's name on Windows 10

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

How to change the owner's name on Windows 10

1. How to change the owner's name on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - change owner's name

2. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change owner name of documents: Hi, I created an user for my PC and since then the documents folder has been named for example "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads"Now I changed the PC name, and i'd like to change xxx to this new name. Is it possible?...
  3. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner name of documents: Hi, I created an user for my PC and since then the documents folder has been named for example "C:\Users\xxx\Downloads"Now I changed the PC name, and i'd like to change xxx to this new name. Is it possible?...
  4. How to change owner name of documents

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  6. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  7. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

8. Masking Windows 10 Owner Name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Masking Windows 10 Owner Name?: When I first set up my computer, my friend thought it would be funny to name the computer 'Mayor of Poopton'. He was right. But now I'm in grad school, and all of my documents have the owner name as 'Mayor of Poopton'. Not a good look for me professionally. Is there any way...
  9. Change owners name

Change owners name: How do I change the register owners name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners-name/bf1794c1-48c3-4f57-ac27-18d8890ed1f6
  10. Change of Owner name and PW of Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change of Owner name and PW of Computer: My wife has just given me her old computer which has her MS login screen name and password. How do we (does she) change the computer name, account and admin authority to my MS name and account?...