Windows 10: How to change the password of a family member?

Discus and support How to change the password of a family member? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Andrei_Ivanov, Dec 13, 2021.

1. How to change the password of a family member?

Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details... after filling them I get back a message saying there are not enough to allow a password reset, since there are no old password to fill or any xbox purchases.I've even tried removing the member but it says that only the person that confirmed it can remove it... but I was the one to confirm it.Trying to change the password local

:)

Andrei_Ivanov, Dec 13, 2021
  2. gamoses Win User

broken "family member needs to sign in"

Parental controls stopped working. Family.Microsoft.com has alert: "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device AngLaptop2014 for family features to work.

But the "how to fix this" says

• Select Accounts > Family & other people
    • Under Your family, select your family member, then select Allow
    • Have your family member sign in with their Microsoft account if asked to
    And the steps don't apply. The account is already allowed, and there is no option to change that.

Now what???

gamoses, Dec 13, 2021
  3. removing a family member

I like to remove a family member from the account but when I select family member I do not see remove option and the only choices are either Block to sign or change. Any suggestion.

MariamMoasser, Dec 13, 2021
  4. How to change the password of a family member?

Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 13, 2021
Thema:

How to change the password of a family member?

1. How to change the password of a family member? - Similar Threads - change password family

2. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  3. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  4. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  6. How to change the password of a family member?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the password of a family member?: Hi,I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a way to change to password for a family member on https://account.microsoft.com/family/I tried to recover password and I get an email with a code on my email address, I use it and I get a form to fill with some details......
  7. Change Family members account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Family members account password: I am the administrator on my laptop and I need to know how to change a family members password, the one that when you start your computer and you have accounts on the start up page...
  8. change family member status

change family member status: my wife joined the family group as a child. how do we change it to 'adult'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-family-member-status/7826ff98-9b31-4e60-a5f1-b58a797f2862
  9. Family Member password change from parent account

Family Member password change from parent account: My son got logged out of his Microsoft account with newest software upgrade on his tablet. He and I can not remember his password. How do i reset it using the parent account that is mine?...
  10. Microsoft Family - how to change from member to organizer

Microsoft Family - how to change from member to organizer: Hi I've placed my kid as member but I need to both update her age and change her to organizer. Whenever I select "Manage my child's profile info" I get the "Manage permissions" page stating that children require adult consent to create account. That page only leads me back...