Windows 10: How to change the path of Downloads from F:\ to C:\

Discus and support How to change the path of Downloads from F:\ to C:\ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need someone to tell me how to change or setup the path of Downloads in my desktop. One of my son did the change way back more likely two or three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imcanadian, Oct 1, 2020.

1. How to change the path of Downloads from F:\ to C:\

I need someone to tell me how to change or setup the path of Downloads in my desktop. One of my son did the change way back more likely two or three years ago because the solid state drive for C:\ is running out of space. So he did setup the path from C:\Downloads to F:\Users\JP\Downloads. Right now I got a bigger solid state drive for Windows now and want to have the downloads back to C:\ The reason why I am asking is that every time I download the file and tell them to save in Downloads folder in C:\ then unzip the download file and tell me the path to install or extract to F:\Users\JP\Downloads. How can I delete the path with " F:\Users\JP\Downloads " so I can tell them where to extract to temporary folder on desktop or save in C:\ with new folder.

Let me know about this.

Thank you,

John

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version with version 2004

:)

imcanadian, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Neemobeer Win User

Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

A re-install is going to be your best bet. You can't re-assign the drive letter on a boot volume while it is in use. You would need to boot into a recovery disk or partition to do that. Once in the recovery media you would type
    • diskpart
    • list disk (to get available disks)
    • select disk #
    • list vol (to get currently available volumes)
    • select vol # (for the volume you want to change)
    • assign letter=C

The problem with this is you could potentially screw up the whole system if there are any registry paths that are pointing to F:\... for critical files as well as the BCD store may also point to F:\.....

Neemobeer, Oct 1, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?

@zbook- what I'm suggesting should resurrect the PC, provided what's left on the "C:" is at all viable - the clean install is just a step to that. Saves a lot of technical bits and time on our part.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to change the path of Downloads from F:\ to C:\

dalchina, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

How to change the path of Downloads from F:\ to C:\

1. How to change the path of Downloads from F:\ to C:\ - Similar Threads - change path Downloads

2. How to remove onedrive from C:/users path

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove onedrive from C:/users path: How to remove onedrive from C:/users path https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-onedrive-from-cusers-path/6dfbd00f-4f58-4cfe-b462-5f61b21fcd64
  3. How to remove onedrive from C:/users path

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove onedrive from C:/users path: How to remove onedrive from C:/users path https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-onedrive-from-cusers-path/6dfbd00f-4f58-4cfe-b462-5f61b21fcd64
  4. Files on Disc F: don't work because they all have as a path C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on Disc F: don't work because they all have as a path C:: Alright, so recently I bought an new m2 ssd and a new pc. After making the ssd the boot drive I run my pc and my old files dont work. I check the path on the old HDD and see that all are C:. But because it is downloaded on the old drive I can't run them. Does anyone know a...
  5. I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D: I change the location path of my download system folder from drive C to drive D by right clicking the system folder, then I click theLocation tab, click the Move tab and I select the Drive D and then i clickedapply. And then it messed up. The Download icon now becomes a...
  6. Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Downloads folder from C: SSD drive to D: HDD drive, now the downloads folder path...: Hi ! I was trying to make space on my SSD by changing the location of the Downloads folder. I moved the location from C:\Users\MyName\Downloads to the D:\ folder. Now instead of moving the folder to the other drive, the location of downloads IS the drive, meaning all the...
  7. Android Pie VM - how to change temp from F to C?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Android Pie VM - how to change temp from F to C?: I am running an Android Pie virtual machine in Hyper-V. It works perfectly, with full mouse and keyboard integration. [img] I only have one issue: I would like to change the temperature shown on Home screen from Fahrenheit to Celsius, but can't find a way to do it. It's...
  8. Can i change a drive letter from os c: to f: and it will revert everything to the f:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i change a drive letter from os c: to f: and it will revert everything to the f:: Please someone help me.....it was an accident to begin with and it messed up my access to my portable in the f: altogether https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-a-drive-letter-from-os-c-to-f-and-it/ebe3c083-aed2-4fbc-9c88-b16c023f4dd7"
  9. How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change file path from C drive (OS) to D drive (storage): I have just bought a dell inspiron operating with windows 10. The default settings were to save files to the C drive which was home to apps, general settings etc. I want to be able to save all my files, photos, music etc to the D drive which is 1TB of storage. I have tried...
  10. Help! Local Drive changed from C to F

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! Local Drive changed from C to F: Can anyone assist me to change a Local drive to C from F? Basically I had trouble with my PC and it kept crashing. Microsoft helped to reset Windows 10 but the Drivers are not the same as they were before. Before they were: C (Local), D, E, F. But now they are: F (Local),...