Windows 10: how to change the pinkish hue in settings that do not exist

Discus and support how to change the pinkish hue in settings that do not exist in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi there, I'm still struggling with the reduced settings capabilities in Windows 10. In prior versions of Windows, I could change colors and fonts for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by unifex, May 4, 2021.

1. unifex Win User

how to change the pinkish hue in settings that do not exist

hi there, I'm still struggling with the reduced settings capabilities in Windows 10. In prior versions of Windows, I could change colors and fonts for various windows components (background, title, etc). While this extent of these settings was gradually reduced from say Windows 2000 (where one could customize absolutely everything), now in Windows 10 these settings are just absent. Now, if this were Windows 2000, I would be able to remove the ugly pinkish hue seen in the following screenshots In fact, the hue looks much worse on the monitor than on the screenshots, for example the ESET windows in the first picture looks also pinkish on my monitor. That can be changed by changing the gamma of the monitor, but ultimately no gamma can change pink into yellow or gray. So, if we don't have any settings to change colors, how do I get rid of that pink?

:)

unifex, May 4, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Hi, there are some ways to address aspects of Windows colours in some areas e.g. using free utilities. A number of the registry keys managed by the Advanced Appearance settings dialogue in Win 7 are still there.

However specific programs like Acrobat may use their own shading schema.

Please see my post in this recent thread where I listed some utilities that help to deal with some aspects:
    Advanced Appearance Settings Dialog Box for Windows 10 - Build 21H1

The background colours are achieved here using a couple of well-known registry changes (non explorer) and Qttabbar for explorer-related ones:

how to change the pinkish hue in settings that do not exist [​IMG]

Winaero's tweaker parallels tutorials here in a lot of cases, making some changes simple and easily reversible. Some are appearance-related e.g.

For interest only:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-31392f472a15

Firefox background and site background colours:
    There are add-ons that allow these to be changed in various ways. E.g. Dark Background Preload

I'm not suggesting this one's great- just an example:

Overall hue may also be adjusted using settings for your graphics of course.

dalchina, May 5, 2021
  3. unifex Win User

hi there,

I'm still struggling with the reduced settings capabilities in Windows 10. In prior versions of Windows, I could change colors and fonts for various windows components (background, title, etc). While this extent of these settings was gradually reduced from say Windows 2000 (where one could customize absolutely everything), now in Windows 10 these settings are just absent.

Now, if this were Windows 2000, I would be able to remove the ugly pinkish hue seen in the following screenshots

In fact, the hue looks much worse on the monitor than on the screenshots, for example the ESET windows in the first picture looks also pinkish on my monitor. That can be changed by changing the gamma of the monitor, but ultimately no gamma can change pink into yellow or gray.

So, if we don't have any settings to change colors, how do I get rid of that pink?

unifex, May 5, 2021
  4. unifex Win User

By the way, Acrobat in WIndows 7 also looks normal (i.e. not pink)

unifex, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. how to change the pinkish hue in settings that do not exist - Similar Threads - change pinkish hue

2. How do I change the hue of only the magenta color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the hue of only the magenta color.: I have been trying to find an answer online for hours now and still haven't been able to find what exactly I am looking for.Essentially I want to only change the hue of the magenta colors to red, while the answers I have found online don't do what I want it to do by changing...
  3. How do I change the hue of only the magenta color.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the hue of only the magenta color.: I have been trying to find an answer online for hours now and still haven't been able to find what exactly I am looking for.Essentially I want to only change the hue of the magenta colors to red, while the answers I have found online don't do what I want it to do by changing...
  4. How do I change the hue of only the magenta color.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BitLocker settings do not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker settings do not exist.: After a windows update, my hard drive have been encrypted by Windows BitLocker without asking or telling me the key to unlock it.Fortunately my online Microsoft account had a key and I was able to get to my desktop.When I tried to go to the Control Panel to turn off BitLocker...
  6. BitLocker settings do not exist.

BitLocker settings do not exist.: After a windows update, my hard drive have been encrypted by Windows BitLocker without asking or telling me the key to unlock it.Fortunately my online Microsoft account had a key and I was able to get to my desktop.When I tried to go to the Control Panel to turn off BitLocker...
  7. Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...: Hi. Hoping you can help me. I recently bought a new Windows 11 laptop for a family member and wanted to set it up for her using her existing Microsoft account which she uses on an old laptop we are replacing soon, but due to me making a mistake and rushing the process late at...
  8. Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...

Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...: Hi. Hoping you can help me. I recently bought a new Windows 11 laptop for a family member and wanted to set it up for her using her existing Microsoft account which she uses on an old laptop we are replacing soon, but due to me making a mistake and rushing the process late at...
  9. Pinkish Watermark on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pinkish Watermark on the Taskbar: I recently plugged in my phone to my laptop, and now, there's a pinkish watermark on the bottom, where taskbar is. When my computer turns on, it's there, and it remains there until it turns off. I tried updating my computer, but that didn't work. I also tried doing a disk...
  10. Pinkish background tint

Pinkish background tint: Whenever I press the print screen feature, I get the picture with a 'Pinkish background tint' to it instead of the screen shot as it should be. Please help me to get it as it should truly be....