Windows 10: How to change the power settings

Discus and support How to change the power settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by daniellouwrens, Jun 26, 2021.

1. How to change the power settings

Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail while I was working. The screen lost brightness but it was okay. Now I want to revert to high performance but cannot see the option in Control panel/Power settings. Could someone please let me know how to change the settings Thanks and Regards Daniel

:)

daniellouwrens, Jun 26, 2021
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 26, 2021
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

How to change the power settings

Can't Change Power Settings

Hi Mars,

This issue might occur if the system's power settings are incorrect or due to software conflicts. We need to ask you a few questions for us to better assist you. Please answer the following information:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue (updates, software installations, etc.)?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a
    System File Checker
    to scan and repair a possible corrupted system file.

We'll keen an eye out on your response.

Ryan Mon1, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

How to change the power settings

1. How to change the power settings - Similar Threads - change power settings

2. How to change the power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to change the power settings: Hi I have W10 Pro on an ASUS VivobooxX405 I changed by Power Settings to Balanced because I was operating on battery and did not want my laptop to fail while I was working. The screen lost brightness but it was okay. Now I want to revert to high performance but cannot see the...
  3. Power settings automatically changing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power settings automatically changing: I hope someone out there can help me please - As for a few months now, Windows 10 build 19042.685 keeps changing the sleep setting to 2 hours, I have it set to never, as I could have background processes happening and I don't want to watch it so I let t go unsupervised, and...
  4. Power and sleep settings cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power and sleep settings cannot be changed: Since a recent windows 10 update, my screen shuts off after about 1 minute and my computer sleeps after 5 min. despite trying to reset in settings multiple times. Suggestions welcome....
  5. Power setting keep changing by itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power setting keep changing by itself: Power settings change randomly to "Balanced" from high performance. I can't run my photo editing software on balanced power. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-setting-keep-changing-by-itself/ca332e01-585b-4347-886f-6fd2f2cc0709
  6. How to automatically set power setting?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to automatically set power setting?: When i plug my charger the power setting automatically set the power setting to high performance and it's great. But the power setting also set to high performance when i turn on my laptop unplugged, and I have to manually change to either power saving or balance. Is there a...
  7. Can not change Advanced Power Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not change Advanced Power Settings: I have switch to the high performance power plan but I want to change a few of the advanced power settings but when I click on it nothing happens no menu, nothing!...
  8. Power settings mysteriously changed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Power settings mysteriously changed.: Just had a windows update yesterday, not sure if the events are connected but turn off display went from my setting of 30 minutes to 10 minutes and sleep never went to 30 minutes. These I believe are the defaults. Did this happen to anyone else after yesterdays update?...
  9. Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or...
  10. Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Something Keeps Changing My Power Setting: I have 4 Windows 10 machines at home, and one of them is showing the infamous "going to sleep" problem. That PC goes into sleep after about 15 seconds of inactivity. -If I reset the power setting and create a new power setting (e.g., sleep after 2 hours), the PC works...