Windows 10: how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

Discus and support how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is not legible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichelDestimauville, Sep 7, 2018.

1. how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is not legible

:)

MichelDestimauville, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

automatically opening a file in wordpad

Hi Jeff,

The default program used to open files depends on the file type. If you've already downloaded the document, change the default program by following these steps:

• Right-click the file.
    • Choose Open with.
    • Click Choose another app.
    • Select the program you want to use.
    • Check the box beside Always use this app to open files.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about opening files.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 7, 2018
  3. jeffvacha Win User
    automatically opening a file in wordpad

I was trying to open a syllabus for a class that was a googledoc. For some reason instead of opening I was getting a prompt to open the file with another program. I accidentally clicked wordpad when the "automatically open every time" box was checked,
    so now every time I try to open that file it goes straight to wordpad. I need to know how to undo that I checked automatically opening the file in wordpad so that I can figure out why the googledoc was not just opening the way it is supposed to.

jeffvacha, Sep 7, 2018
  4. how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

Allow open file standard attachments

Borrowing this list from Wikia: svg, odt, ods, odp, odg, odc, odf, odi, odm, ogg, ogv, oga

svg = Scale Vector Graphic
    odt = Open Document Text
    ods = Open Document Spreadsheet
    odp = Open Document Presentation
    odg = Open Document Graphics
    odf = Open Document Formula
    odi = Open Document Image
    odm = Open Document Master
    ogg = Ogg Vorbis
    ogv = Ogg Vorbis Video
    oga = Ogg Vorbis Audio

FordGT90Concept, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

1. how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is... - Similar Threads - change program opens

2. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aba file opening in wordpad: I have ABA files for banking and I have opened it in wordpad and now it is set as default and now can't use it in banking app because I can't revert it back- I've unticked always open in this app and still doesn't work...
  3. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aba file opening in wordpad: I have ABA files for banking and I have opened it in wordpad and now it is set as default and now can't use it in banking app because I can't revert it back- I've unticked always open in this app and still doesn't work...
  4. aba file opening in wordpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to open a winmail.dat file attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to open a winmail.dat file attachment: I hope this helps someone.I found a web page that converts a winmail.dat file attachment to a document pdf, etchttps://www.winmaildat.com/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-winmaildat-file-attachment/0b8b98a9-c9f7-4691-bb13-f7940bdf7859
  6. how to open a winmail.dat file attachment

how to open a winmail.dat file attachment: I hope this helps someone.I found a web page that converts a winmail.dat file attachment to a document pdf, etchttps://www.winmaildat.com/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-winmaildat-file-attachment/0b8b98a9-c9f7-4691-bb13-f7940bdf7859
  7. How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?: In the choose default apps by file type I'm only given 3 options:Choose an app1. an app that doesn't work2. an app that doesn't open the file type in question3. Look for an app in the Microsoft Store hint: there are noneHow do I choose a .exe already on my computer which I...
  8. How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?

How do I change the default program which opens a particular file type?: In the choose default apps by file type I'm only given 3 options:Choose an app1. an app that doesn't work2. an app that doesn't open the file type in question3. Look for an app in the Microsoft Store hint: there are noneHow do I choose a .exe already on my computer which I...
  9. .jar file opens with wordpad.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .jar file opens with wordpad.: So recently I may have done something stupid. I'm not sure what I did but when I try to open a file with Java it opens on wordpad for some reason. I tried changing it to Java but I can't find Java. Is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/Koufpa [link]...
  10. DDS files open with wordpad

in Windows 10 Support
    DDS files open with wordpad: So yeah I goofed hard and I opened a DDS file as a wordpad and now its saved as wordpad therefore its not working, how do i change it back to DDS? 85622