Windows 10: how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

Discus and support how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is not legible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichelDestimauville, Sep 7, 2018.

1. how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is not legible

:)

MichelDestimauville, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

automatically opening a file in wordpad

Hi Jeff,

The default program used to open files depends on the file type. If you've already downloaded the document, change the default program by following these steps:

• Right-click the file.
    • Choose Open with.
    • Click Choose another app.
    • Select the program you want to use.
    • Check the box beside Always use this app to open files.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about opening files.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 7, 2018
  3. jeffvacha Win User
    automatically opening a file in wordpad

I was trying to open a syllabus for a class that was a googledoc. For some reason instead of opening I was getting a prompt to open the file with another program. I accidentally clicked wordpad when the "automatically open every time" box was checked,
    so now every time I try to open that file it goes straight to wordpad. I need to know how to undo that I checked automatically opening the file in wordpad so that I can figure out why the googledoc was not just opening the way it is supposed to.

jeffvacha, Sep 7, 2018
  4. how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

Allow open file standard attachments

Borrowing this list from Wikia: svg, odt, ods, odp, odg, odc, odf, odi, odm, ogg, ogv, oga

svg = Scale Vector Graphic
    odt = Open Document Text
    ods = Open Document Spreadsheet
    odp = Open Document Presentation
    odg = Open Document Graphics
    odf = Open Document Formula
    odi = Open Document Image
    odm = Open Document Master
    ogg = Ogg Vorbis
    ogv = Ogg Vorbis Video
    oga = Ogg Vorbis Audio

FordGT90Concept, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is...

1. how to change the program that opens attached files. It is now opening in wordpad which is... - Similar Threads - change program opens

2. opening attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening attachments: how can I open email attachments in PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-attachments/33c93d30-c3a8-42b6-820b-3f9015b5e555
  3. How to make file open with no program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make file open with no program.: A while back I accidentally set .viso (virtual iso) files to open with Internet Explorer, how do I change it so NO program opens viso files except VirtualBox or something? submitted by /u/WackyH [link] [comments]...
  4. Why is it opening in Wordpad

Why is it opening in Wordpad: so I'm downloading a Docx file and its only opening in Wordpad and not google docs in chrome even though before the latest windows update it did how do I fix that submitted by /u/yuval8ittai [link] [comments]...
  5. How To Check Which Files Opened In The Past

How To Check Which Files Opened In The Past: I don't know if the title explains it but I need to see a date of a few files on my desktop. I think a family member of mine read some things he shouldn't read. Is there a history section that shows file/application opening dates? If you know please let me know. Thanks....
  6. Can't open attached files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open attached files: Hello everyone, I'm totally new to this and need help. I've recently been upgraded to Windows 10 and really struggling. find that I can't open files attached to my emails. I had this problem and tried to get Adobe DC but I had to pay a monthly fee as I remember. Is...
  7. .jar file opens with wordpad.

.jar file opens with wordpad.: So recently I may have done something stupid. I'm not sure what I did but when I try to open a file with Java it opens on wordpad for some reason. I tried changing it to Java but I can't find Java. Is there anything I can do to fix this? submitted by /u/Koufpa [link]...
  8. OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OPENING FILES/PROGRAMS: HI THERE,COULD ANYONE HELP I HAVE LOADS OF FILES AND PROGRAMS I NEED DESPERATLY TO USE BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO OPEN AS ALWAYS SHOWS ERROR CANT OPEN 'EXE' FIES HOW DO I OPEN THEM WHAT DO I NEED TO GET OR WHAT DO I NEED TO DO PLEASE HELP AND THANKS....
  9. Can't change default program to open files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change default program to open files.: Hi, I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight. I already tried: right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you...
  10. DDS files open with wordpad

in Windows 10 Support
    DDS files open with wordpad: So yeah I goofed hard and I opened a DDS file as a wordpad and now its saved as wordpad therefore its not working, how do i change it back to DDS? 85622