Windows 10: How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?

Discus and support How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Currently when you take a screenshot using Snipping Tool it autosaves the image to a path that ends in TempState\ScreenClip. This is a bit frustrating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mars, Jun 26, 2022.

1. mars Win User

How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?

Currently when you take a screenshot using Snipping Tool it autosaves the image to a path that ends in TempState\ScreenClip. This is a bit frustrating because the folder contains two versions of the image and a .json file, and the folder is difficult to locate unless you pin it. I'm wondering how I can change the auto save folder for Snipping Tool? I'd like it to autosave screenshots to my pictures folder or a folder within pictures. I know you can open the screenshot in Snipping Tool and click save and choose a folder, but that's extra steps rather than just taking a screenshot and it autosav

:)

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snipping Tool Properties in Windows 10

Hi Missy,

The easiest way to make a copy of something is to take a snapshot of your screen by using the Snipping Tool. You can use it to save and share news stories, movie reviews, or recipes. To access the Properties and set a shortcut key for the Snipping Tool, you
    can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Snipping Tool.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool
      result, and click Open file location.
    • Right-click on the Snipping Tool shortcut, and click
      Properties

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 26, 2022
  4. How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?

snipping tool for WIN10

Hi William,

Windows 10 by default comes with the Snipping Tool as one of the pre-installed system apps. If the Snipping Tool is missing or not working correctly, this could be caused by a recent update or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your
    concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that when you look at the Start menu or search using Cortana you are not able to locate the Snipping Tool?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?

1. How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location? - Similar Threads - change Snipping Tool

2. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  3. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  4. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots: There have been many discussions about changing the default location of Saves in the Snipping Tool but they all apply to Screenshots, too. I like that if I do a screenshot Windows+PrintScrn it goes into the Screenshots folder. However, I use the Snipping Tool often to capture...
  5. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots

Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 but not Screenshots: There have been many discussions about changing the default location of Saves in the Snipping Tool but they all apply to Screenshots, too. I like that if I do a screenshot Windows+PrintScrn it goes into the Screenshots folder. However, I use the Snipping Tool often to capture...
  6. Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot: My snipping tool screenshots are not saving, but when I googled it it said to turn on Save screenshots in the Snipping tool app - however, I don't have that option. What gives? It works on my desktop, but for my laptop, the only options are "auto copy to clipboard", then...
  7. Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot

Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot: My snipping tool screenshots are not saving, but when I googled it it said to turn on Save screenshots in the Snipping tool app - however, I don't have that option. What gives? It works on my desktop, but for my laptop, the only options are "auto copy to clipboard", then...
  8. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 22H2: My Snipping Tool has the automatically save option toggled. It saves every screenshot into my onedrive pictures directory. I'd like to change this to another folder. How would I go about doing that?...
  9. Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 22H2

Change Snipping Tool save location on Windows 11 22H2: My Snipping Tool has the automatically save option toggled. It saves every screenshot into my onedrive pictures directory. I'd like to change this to another folder. How would I go about doing that?...
  10. How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?

How to change the Snipping Tool autosave location?: Currently when you take a screenshot using Snipping Tool it autosaves the image to a path that ends in TempState\ScreenClip. This is a bit frustrating because the folder contains two versions of the image and a .json file, and the folder is difficult to locate unless you pin...