Windows 10: How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer

Discus and support How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; By default, I want to open my file explorer in win10 in a specific folder. I have tried to create a shortcut with that folder and have put that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JorgePais1, Mar 13, 2019.

1. How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer

By default, I want to open my file explorer in win10 in a specific folder.

I have tried to create a shortcut with that folder and have put that shortcut in the taskbar but it is changed to the normal file explorer.

:)

JorgePais1, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Mar 13, 2019
  4. How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer

1. How to Change the Target Folder in Windows 10 File Explorer - Similar Threads - Change Target Folder

2. How to change target location for download file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change target location for download file?: Windows 11. Need to change target location for download files. So easy in WIN10, but cannot find change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-target-location-for-download-file/2c8c2220-fed8-4937-9d6f-603b7cddcbef
  3. How to change target location for download file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change target location for download file?: Windows 11. Need to change target location for download files. So easy in WIN10, but cannot find change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-target-location-for-download-file/2c8c2220-fed8-4937-9d6f-603b7cddcbef
  4. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  5. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders: I am a sound designer and I found really annoying that windows always tries to view my sound folders as they would be some music folders. I found that I can change the default view for all the folders from the folder options solution for example here. That works nicely for...
  6. How to change File explorer default folder view for new folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Target folder of automated file downloads

Target folder of automated file downloads: I sometimes get notifications that an app is automatically downloading files. First of all, I know what this Windows 10 feature is and I know how to turn automatic file download and/or the notifications for it on and off. In the notification I also see the file name and the...
  8. How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?: [ATTACH] I use dark windows theme, and my file highlighting color is grey - it is very hard to see for me on black background. https://preview.redd.it/ifqtfqn87df51.png?width=603&format=png&auto=webp&s=38935002bc784732ac884504f9c206d41b9ec7ef I wanna chenge highlighting...
  9. Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer

Changing views of folders and files in File Explorer: New to Windows 10 here from Windows 7 and am having lots of difficulty adjusting to how to see my folders and files. For example, I don't want to see clusters of numerically named folders and files and then A-H, I-P etc. I want to see all folders on top, in order of date...
  10. Explorer changes Folder into System File

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer changes Folder into System File: I am not going to attach a screenshot because it is rather personal. A folder open in Explorer with a few files and one subfolder (containing a few documents) suddenly morphed (in Explorer) into a system file. Using a DOS prompt it is easy to find that they are in fact...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 windows explorer target

2. change file explorer target