Windows 10: How to change the transcoded wallpaper location ?

Discus and support How to change the transcoded wallpaper location ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This sutuation doesn't feel right for me. I'm using SSD & I always use 4k or 8k wallpapers & already set the wallpaper quality to 100% from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MPK99, Jun 6, 2020.

1. MPK99 Win User

How to change the transcoded wallpaper location ?

This sutuation doesn't feel right for me. I'm using SSD & I always use 4k or 8k wallpapers & already set the wallpaper quality to 100% from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\JPEGImportQuality

For every wallpaper in my slideshow, windows generates the wallpaper copy under %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper which wears my SSD since I'm changing my wallpaper for every 1 minute. There no way I can stop it unless I use a static background.

I also use Linux on dual boot & this is not the case with it. The default wallpaper directory is used in Linux. If so, why would the windows have to be transcoding the wallpaper under Appdata again & again as there's no purpose doing it.

I need a solution for this, not the explanation.

:)

MPK99, Jun 6, 2020

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Change location

Hi,

Changing the location of your Windows 10 device is possible. Follow these steps to change the location information on Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region and then select Region.
    • Click on Location tab.
    • Under the Home location, click the drop-down button and then choose your location.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

Note: Changing the location in Windows 10 is limited to changing which country or region you are in.

Feel free to reach out to us if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jun 6, 2020
  4. How to change the transcoded wallpaper location ?

Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

How to change the transcoded wallpaper location ?

1. How to change the transcoded wallpaper location ? - Similar Threads - change transcoded wallpaper

2. Wallpaper not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper not changing: I changed my background settings to change after every 1 minute then later to 10 minutes but it is not changing normally it is been changing only while my laptop is being charged...the same is happening for the remaining time limits too please help me what to do now...
  3. Changing wallpapers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing wallpapers: Hi there! I am a huge fan of the wallpapers before logging in. I was wondering if I could have the same random picture as my desktop wallpapers. I was also wondering if there’s a way to change the speed at which the log in wallpapers change. I want it to change more...
  4. No location for current applied wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No location for current applied wallpaper?: Hi Guys In the past I had this folder...but is now not there? %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles I basically have an image of low res which I set as a tiled background image....I then want to browse that saved tiled image to keep a copy , so that I can deploy to...
  5. wallpaper not changing

wallpaper not changing: recently I installed one wallpaper & uninstalled the same. then I try to apply custom wallpaper it doesn't changes still it's showing blank only, suggest in a simple manner to resolve...
  6. TRANSCODE OPERATION FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    TRANSCODE OPERATION FAILURE: I have been unable to download youtube videos for past few weeks, tried several downloaders with no luck, get notice of Transcode Operation Failure, have never seen or heard of this, checked settings and uninstalled Adobe, but I think it is part of Windows10. any ideals or...
  7. Change wallpaper

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change wallpaper: Hey it wont let me change my wallpaper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_10/change-wallpaper/8c9171e2-da9a-4a39-903a-fac4390fb57b
  8. How to change Login Wallpaper.

How to change Login Wallpaper.: Hi Guys, How do I change the Login Wallpaper. The one before you get to your User, you have to press up key. 51457
  9. Location of the default wallpaper?

Location of the default wallpaper?: Where is this wallpaper stored? also, where can I find the different resolutions of it? Thanks!. 10255
  10. Sign In Screen Wallpaper Location?

Sign In Screen Wallpaper Location?: Not really a technical help request per say, but I was curious if there happened to be a location where the image that shows up on the screen where you enter your password is. Not talking about the lock screen. In Windows 7 it's located under "C:\Windows\System32\oobe", but...