Windows 10: How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile.

Discus and support How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to check user Value data to determine if my user profile has a corrupt profile. I tried to follow the steps I found in another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LouiseYon, Oct 28, 2020.

1. LouiseYon Win User

How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile.

I am trying to check user Value data to determine if my user profile has a corrupt profile. I tried to follow the steps I found in another question/answer and found it to be for Windows 7 not for Windows 10. All the step options could not be found. I can log on but when trying to open a program from the shortcut on my desktop it starts to open then just stops. I created another user profile and shared my programs and desktop to new user and can access my programs from there and work with them but would really like to find out why my user profile would not let me open the programs. while following the steps I had I was able to find the Security Identification folders but then it wanted me to double-click the ProfileImagePath and there was nothing there with that name. This step was to see if my user profile ended with .bak or .ba. Then I was to move on to the RefCount to set/change the Value data to "0". Can someone help me with the steps for Windows 10 to check for a corrupt user and how to fix it.

LouiseYon

:)

LouiseYon, Oct 28, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

We would like to know more about this concern, kindly answer the following:

• May we know the build of the computer?
    • Any changes on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Aside from the suggested troubleshooting steps on this thread, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Desiree Yau, Oct 28, 2020
  4. How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile.

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile. :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile.

1. How to change the Value data to 0 on a user profile. - Similar Threads - change Value data

2. How to change No changing background value

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change No changing background value: I’m trying to change the Nochangingwallpaper vaule to 0 as I’ve read in another thread. But when I enter 0 it said error cannot change value. Can anyone help with this please?...
  3. How to change No changing background value

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change No changing background value: I’m trying to change the Nochangingwallpaper vaule to 0 as I’ve read in another thread. But when I enter 0 it said error cannot change value. Can anyone help with this please?...
  4. How to change No changing background value

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win10 user profile changed & related data missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 user profile changed & related data missing: Win10 reinstalled, user profile changed but using the original email, and all the files and related data from the original user profile is missing. Also, my laptop name was changed under devices. There is no additional backup anywhere other than a USB drive they the techs who...
  6. Win10 user profile changed & related data missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 user profile changed & related data missing: Win10 reinstalled, user profile changed but using the original email, and all the files and related data from the original user profile is missing. Also, my laptop name was changed under devices. There is no additional backup anywhere other than a USB drive they the techs who...
  7. Win10 user profile changed & related data missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't change value for Diagnostic and usage data: Hi! I discovered I'm not picking up Microsoft Reward Points since my Privacy settings were incorrect. I went to 'Diagnostic and usage data' and found it was set to 'Basic'. Unfortunately, the field is greyed out, and I am unable to change it to another option. Does anyone...
  9. How to move domain user profile data and settings over to Azure users

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move domain user profile data and settings over to Azure users: HelloI am consultant at new customer who wants to move mainly laptop users 200+, who work externally, to a clean Azure account.All the laptop users currently have Domain profiles, with data stored locally, but will get a clean Azure Account as they will be a separate unit in...
  10. User Profile Name Change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profile Name Change: how do i change my user profile name from "quadr" to my name "Patrick"? for some reason, when i clean installed, it set up my user profile like that instead of my name... 9824