Windows 10: How to change the way I view a download.

Discus and support How to change the way I view a download. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, hope someone can help with this. I just recently downloaded some information from the internet, chose to save, then was asked how I wanted to view... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asus1254, Oct 15, 2019.

1. asus1254 Win User

How to change the way I view a download.

Hi, hope someone can help with this. I just recently downloaded some information from the internet, chose to save, then was asked how I wanted to view the information, I chose Microsoft Word. The box was already ticked- "do this for all future downloads". The problem is I can't read it on Word, it is all in script, tried all the options but nothing was in plain English. How can I change the view option from Word to something else?

Cheers

Asus 1254

:)

asus1254, Oct 15, 2019
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Oct 15, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 15, 2019
  4. How to change the way I view a download.

Windows Explorer View - change default

Hi,

In order for you to change the view of Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Explorer.
    • Select the View Tab.
    • Click List.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

How to change the way I view a download.

1. How to change the way I view a download. - Similar Threads - change view download

2. Change View in Downloads Folder of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change View in Downloads Folder of Windows 11: Greetings.I looked up a similar question, For Windows 10, but I'm asking it for Windows 11.I've noticed in the Downloads folder how it has subheadings like "Today," "Yesterday," and "A long time ago." I've fiddled with the View, and Properties of this folder, to no avail. I...
  3. Change View in Downloads Folder of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change View in Downloads Folder of Windows 11: Greetings.I looked up a similar question, For Windows 10, but I'm asking it for Windows 11.I've noticed in the Downloads folder how it has subheadings like "Today," "Yesterday," and "A long time ago." I've fiddled with the View, and Properties of this folder, to no avail. I...
  4. Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view?: I'm getting older and am having increasing difficulty in seeing smaller details at distance. I'd really rather not have to sit up close to my monitor to see a Windows folder's contents. When folder view is set to Extra Large Icons I can see what I am looking for. I'd like to...
  5. How do I change the download folder back to the way it used to be?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the download folder back to the way it used to be?: I hate the whole (Today, Yesterday, Earlier This Week, Last week) crap. I just want it as a list of downloaded items going vertically not horizontally. submitted by /u/Stevie_Handjobs [link] [comments]...
  6. Change Downloads Folder View Aug2020

Change Downloads Folder View Aug2020: What I want (/had, pre-recent update): Folder View Large Icons, Sort by Date Modified (Descending), Folders before loose files. The Problem: Can't Customize system's default Computer/Downloads folder (Read Only); Can't create working shortcut to actual...
  7. viewing downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    viewing downloads: I am not able to view my tax return download in windows 10. not happy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-downloads/6b431695-714b-4986-9f6e-09636c5ef177
  8. How can I hide this way of viewing? I just want it shown the traditional way without...

How can I hide this way of viewing? I just want it shown the traditional way without...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alecthierry [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3aylo/how_can_i_hide_this_way_of_viewing_i_just_want_it/
  9. I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change file explorer view for Downloads folder: Currently my Downloads folder in File Explorer shows sub-headings like Today and Last month. I would like to change it to a straight list without sub-headings. I've fiddled unsuccessfully with the View options. This is the only folder where this happens, and I'd like to...
  10. Is there a way to view a case? If so how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to view a case? If so how?: My question is simple, is it possible to view a case using a case number? Any help is appreciated! :D https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-view-a-case-if-so-how/1eb0d2a2-3233-4fa1-be4b-d62deb5ead79