Windows 10: How to change the Windows 11 display language

Discus and support How to change the Windows 11 display language in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system supports dozens of interface languages. The operating system comes with a specific interface language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Sep 18, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to change the Windows 11 display language

Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system supports dozens of interface languages. The operating system comes with a specific interface language installed, but users may switch to another language using built-in options.

You may have several reasons for wanting to change the Windows interface language. Maybe you bought a Windows PC on the last trip abroad or over the Internet, and it comes in a language that you don't favor.

The instructions are in English, but should be easy enough to follow in most languages. It may require a bit of trial and error though depending on the language. If you bought a Japanese or Chinese PC, and don't speak the languages, you will have a harder time than figuring it out on a French PC if you speak Spanish.

Changing the interface language of Windows 11

Begin by opening the Settings application. You may use the keyboard shortcut Windows-I for that, or select Start and then Settings from the Start menu.

Select Time & language from the sidebar on the left.

How to change the Windows 11 display language time-and-language.png

Select the Language & region option on the Time & Language page of the Settings app.

How to change the Windows 11 display language language-and-region.png

Windows 11 displays the Windows display language on the page and all languages that are installed. Note that installed does not necessarily mean that it can be set as the interface display language. Languages need to support certain components to be set as the display language.

How to change the Windows 11 display language windows-11-display-language.png

Select the menu under Windows display language to see if you can set different languages already. If you can't, check the list of preferred languages listed underneath.

Option 1: preferred interface language is installed, but can't be selected as the display language

If the language is listed there, activate the three-dots menu to the right of it and select the "Language Options" context menu entry.

How to change the Windows 11 display language windows-11-language-options.png

The Language options page displays available language features; these can be installed or not installed. Locate the language pack option and click on the download link next to it to install the feature. The language pack is the requirement for making languages the display language on Windows 11.

How to change the Windows 11 display language windows-11-install-language-pack.png

Once installed, go back to the main language and region settings page, and click on the Windows display language menu again to see if the new language can be selected from it.

How to change the Windows 11 display language windows-11-change-interface-language.png

Select the new language. Windows 11 reminds you that you need to sign-out to switch to the new language. Note that you can change the language at any time using the menu, but need to sign-out each time before the change is applied.

How to change the Windows 11 display language windows-11-restart-to-change-language.png

Option 2: preferred interface language is not installed

If the preferred interface language is not already listed on the page, then it needs to be added first.

Select the "add a language" button to get started on the page.

How to change the Windows 11 display language windows-11-add-a-language.png

Windows 11 opens the "choose a language to install" window. You may use the search at the top or browse the selection of languages manually to find the preferred language. Note that it needs to support "Display language", which is the symbol with an "A".

How to change the Windows 11 display language windows-11-display-language-languages.png

Select the preferred language with a click on its name and then Next; this opens the installation page. All you have to do on this page is to check the "Set as my Windows display language" box to make it the new display language.

How to change the Windows 11 display language install-language-features.png

Select Install to complete the process. Windows returns to the main language & region settings page, and you are asked to sign-out to complete the interface language change.

Windows 11 will use the new interface language throughout the operating system starting with the next sign-in.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to change the Windows 11 display language appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Sep 18, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    I can not change display language

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to Change settings that may block installation

There are advanced language settings that may block the download of language packs. To revert these settings to their defaults values so that you can download language packs, follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel. To do this, type Control Panel in the
      Search box, and then tap or click Control Panel in the search results list.

• Tap or click Clock, Language and Region. (If you are viewing Control Panel in icon display, select
      Language, and then go to step 4.)

• Tap or click Language.

• Tap or click Advanced settings.

• Examine the Override for Windows display language and
      Override for default input method lists. Make sure that the
      Use language list (recommended)
      option is selected for both lists

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 18, 2021
  4. How to change the Windows 11 display language

change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

How to change the Windows 11 display language

1. How to change the Windows 11 display language - Similar Threads - change display language

2. Change windows 11 single language display language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change windows 11 single language display language: I got a new notebook that came with windows 11 single language, i'm used to looking up every setting in english, and they're not showing up in windows search as most of the tools have different names in the local language, which is really incovenient. I need to change the...
  3. Change windows 11 single language display language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change windows 11 single language display language: I got a new notebook that came with windows 11 single language, i'm used to looking up every setting in english, and they're not showing up in windows search as most of the tools have different names in the local language, which is really incovenient. I need to change the...
  4. Change Windows 11 display interface language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Windows 11 display interface language: Hello. I may soon be a laptop that comes with Windows 11 Home, Single Language.However, the language of the country I temporarily work in is not my primary language. Is there any way to change the display interface language not the keyboard language?Do the instructions here...
  5. Change Windows 11 display interface language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows 11 display interface language: Hello. I may soon be a laptop that comes with Windows 11 Home, Single Language.However, the language of the country I temporarily work in is not my primary language. Is there any way to change the display interface language not the keyboard language?Do the instructions here...
  6. How to change display language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change display language: My PC broke a month ago and I took it to someone my family knew to fix it. Yesterday I got it back, working greatly but with one problem, they installed windows in portuguese, as it’s my native language. But I never use my PC in PTBR for more clarity when troubleshooting and...
  7. How to change display language?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change display language?: When I try to change it, it says "your windows license only supports one language". I get that, I just want to change that one language. I dont need a multilingual system, I just want to change it from my native language (Dutch) to English. Is there a workaround to this? It's...
  8. Changing Display Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Display Language: Im trying to change the Display Language to Hebrew we do it for all the computers here we are a israeli company so use Hebrew did a 1000s+ time shouldn't be a problem right? but no Microsoft freaking updates man. (sorry for being rude but I like to rant you would...
  9. changing display language

changing display language: When I try to change windows display language to Arabic the only choice I have is English (uk). I hope that you may help me with this problem?...
  10. Change display language

Change display language: Hi, I use en-NZ (main) as well as Korean. Problem is that when I install Korean language and keyboard, it seems to automatically come with English (United Kingdom). Funny thing is that the display language is also changed to English (United Kingdom). I haven't installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change language chinese laptop windows 11