Windows 10: How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size

Discus and support How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The current development version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has changed the taskbar and the provided customization options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 30, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size

The current development version of Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system has changed the taskbar and the provided customization options significantly. If you prefer a smaller taskbar size, you may have noticed that the option to use small taskbar buttons that exists in Windows 10 is no longer present.

It looks as if you are stuck with the default taskbar size, just like you are stuck with the bottom taskbar position. Microsoft may add the option in future builds to the Settings app, but for now, there is no option to change the taskbar size using it.

That does not mean that you cannot set a different taskbar size in Windows 11, quite the contrary. Windows 11 supports the three taskbar sizes small, medium and large. The default taskbar size is medium.

Here are screenshots that visualize the different taskbar levels (from small over medium to large):

How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size windows-11-taskbar-small-size.png How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size windows-11-taskbar-medium-size.png How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size windows-11-taskbar-large-size.png

Changing the taskbar size in Windows 11 manually

How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size windows-11-taskbar-registry.png

You need to edit the Registry if you want to change the size of the taskbar in Microsoft's new operating system, here is how that is done:

1. Select Start.
    2. Type regedit.
    3. Select Registry Editor.
    4. Confirm the UAC prompt that is displayed.
    5. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced.
    6. Right-click on Advanced and select New > Dword (32-bit) Value.
    7. Name it TaskbarSi.
    8. Double-click on it to set its value to
      • 0 to make the taskbar size small
      • 1 to make the taskbar size medium (default).
      • 2 to make the taskbar size large.
    9. Sign-out and in again, restart the PC, or restart the Explorer process to see the changes.

Using Registry files to make the changes

You may also use the following Registry files to make the changes to the taskbar. Just download the archive linked below, extract the zip file after the download, and run the Registry file that corresponds to the size that you want: windows-11-registry-taskbar-change-size

Closing Words

There is a chance that Microsoft will add options to modify the size of the taskbar to the Settings app. Even if that is going to be the case, you may still use the direct way to make the change on Windows 11 devices.

Now You: what is your preferred taskbar icon size?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Internet Explorer 11 Menu font size

Hi Larry,

Follow these steps to change the font size in IE11:

• Click Start menu or press Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Type and click Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization and under Display, click
      Make text other items larger or smaller.
    • Under Change only the text size, choose the Title bars
      in the drop-down menu and the desired font size on the drop-down menu beside it.

Let us know if the suggested steps helped.

Ian Ser, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Lizy297 Win User
    how to change size of folders on my Pc

To set the size, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose the Properties command.
    • Click the Taskbar tab in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog box.
    • To use smaller icons, place a check mark by the item Use Small Icons. ...
    • Click OK.

Lizy297, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. How to change the Windows 11 taskbar size - Similar Threads - change taskbar size

2. How is Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11: How is Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-change-taskbar-size-on-windows-11/9a2b296a-5645-40de-b902-fbaa95111701
  3. How is Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11: How is Change Taskbar Size on Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-change-taskbar-size-on-windows-11/9a2b296a-5645-40de-b902-fbaa95111701
  4. How i change taskbar size windows 11

How i change taskbar size windows 11: How i change taskbar size windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-change-taskbar-size-windows-11/e3ee54e2-20d5-4732-ada6-7a694dcdef8b
  5. How i change taskbar size windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i change taskbar size windows 11: How i change taskbar size windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-change-taskbar-size-windows-11/e3ee54e2-20d5-4732-ada6-7a694dcdef8b
  6. How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11: Hello,I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and noticed that the taskbar icons are larger, which I do not like. There doesn't seem to be an option to make them smaller or, at least, I can't find one. Is there a way to change their size?Thanks,Daffy D...
  7. How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11

How to change the size of taskbar icons in Windows 11: Hello,I just updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10 and noticed that the taskbar icons are larger, which I do not like. There doesn't seem to be an option to make them smaller or, at least, I can't find one. Is there a way to change their size?Thanks,Daffy D...
  8. How to change Taskbar size on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Taskbar size on Windows 11: [IMG]Windows 11 will be launched before the year-end, and although some features have been removed, several new ones have been added. Microsoft brings you a new task menu, widgets window, search field, and UI options with recently launched Windows 11 OS. Along with changes,...
  9. How to change the taskbar font size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the taskbar font size?: How to change the taskbar font size(for the names of the windows that are open and appear on the Taskbar)? I have googled it, and yet nothing. I have Win10 1809 version. submitted by /u/Neborodat [link] [comments]...
  10. How Change Taskbar Item Size?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Change Taskbar Item Size?: How Change Taskbar Item Size? Such as photo: [img] 27826

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix task bar size windows 11