Windows 10: How to change title and description of power options?

Discus and support How to change title and description of power options? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I would like to change titles and possibly also descriptions of power options. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I guess it should be possible via some utility or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by User919, Jan 8, 2020.

1. User919 Win User

How to change title and description of power options?

I would like to change titles and possibly also descriptions of power options.

How to change title and description of power options? 9940b874-b5e4-4809-92b8-2e6c31151bc5?upload=true.png

How to change title and description of power options? 8a5d5750-5dac-4eb0-ac3b-9ef003cd1bbc?upload=true.png

I
    guess it should be possible via some utility or registry keys.

:)

User919, Jan 8, 2020

2. Windows 10 Power Options Not working

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the power options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on power options.
    • Then click on create new power plan.
    • Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 8, 2020
  3. PCkeys Win User
    Edit Services "Description" field

As title suggests, I'm wondering how to edit the description of services that appear in "services.msc"... I have several programs that run as services that I know and use, but have no descriptions at all.

Would be nice to be able to see these and immediately recognize them when viewing list of running services.

Cheers

PCkeys, Jan 8, 2020
  4. How to change title and description of power options?

Windows 10 - Power Options - Closed (Laptop) Lid Glitch - 'Do Nothing' Option, Not Working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the power options from the list.

• Click Next to run the power Troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Also I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel and then click on
      power options.

• Then click on create new
      power plan.

• Change the power plan accordingly and check.
    Check if it helps.

I hope it helps. Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Aswin_Anand, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

How to change title and description of power options?

1. How to change title and description of power options? - Similar Threads - change title description

2. How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...: HelloHow to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-modify-properties-title-description-url-etc/1c1e7ec7-8dc8-4e2e-b37b-e93d7cdd37bc
  3. How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File...: HelloHow to modify properties Title, Description, URL, etc of files and folders in Onedrive/File system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-modify-properties-title-description-url-etc/1c1e7ec7-8dc8-4e2e-b37b-e93d7cdd37bc
  4. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  5. Power options plan keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power options plan keeps changing: About a week ago with the latest windows 10 update my power plan kept changing to power saver. Tried removing it, used msconfig to maybe remove startup apps that cause it. Even after upgrading to Windows 11 home the problem persists.I am using an ASUS TUF F15....
  6. Problems while changing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems while changing power options: Hi, I had problems while changing my power settings. It's saying "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am only one user and I am only the admin. Here is the screenshot- [ATTACH]...
  7. Power Option Changes Ignored?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Option Changes Ignored?: Hi! For a long while I've had a problem with Power Options being ignored. I want the Power Plan on High Performance, but I don't want my processor running at 100% all of the time. If I set Balanced, my processor will happily clock down to 800MHz when idle as expected If I...
  8. Power options change by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Power options change by itself: I always change my power options from windows high performance to my custom power options every time i turn on my laptop and today i just left and lock my computer for about 2 minutes when i go back i notice the power options change by itself to high performance. At first i...
  9. Description of Safe Mode Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Description of Safe Mode Options: Summary: This discussion covers description of Safe Mode options for Windows 10. Safe Mode can be started as normal, with network, or with Command Prompt instead of Windows Explorer. Only use Safe Mode for troubleshooting if you cannot start your computer after installing...
  10. power options change on their own

in Windows 10 Support
    power options change on their own: power options change on their own when the laptop go's to sleep. Acer aspire 7750G-9810 CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM 6GB Ram 17459