Windows 10: how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash

Discus and support how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, latest update broke the pc. I want to remove the latest update through console, because it keeps restarting by itself. But I can't type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MorgothBauglir89898989, Aug 9, 2019.

1. how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash

Hello, latest update broke the pc. I want to remove the latest update through console, because it keeps restarting by itself. But I can't type backslash, it shows as # . Keyboard combinations don't work either.. Can I change the keyboard layout to us from console?

:)

MorgothBauglir89898989, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Brifasay Win User

Designer Desktop Keyboard layout

My new Designer Desktop keyboard types § instead of backslash (I can't find what key backslash is mapped to), and ± instead of pipe.

I'm primarily using it with an iPad air, and changing the language settings and hardware keyboard layout doesn't seem to make a difference (although when I choose the French or German layouts, the letter keys do change).

Any thoughts on how I can find pipe?

Thanks

Brifasay, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Keyboard always changes the layout

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the steps from this article and check:

Change the default keyboard layout or input method

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17424/windows-change-keyboard-layout

Note: Applies to windows 10 as well.

Please get back to us with the results of the issue in regards with
    keyboard layout and any other questions you might have regarding Windows operating systems. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 9, 2019
  4. how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash

Changing the keyboard layout

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue changing the keyboard layout in Windows 10 on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Rajesh Govind” replied on October 13, 2014 in the following Microsoft Community link.

How to change the keyboard layout on Windows 10 TP?

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Change your keyboard layout

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-keyboard-layout#1TC=windows-7

Note: The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash

1. how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash - Similar Threads - change keyboard layout

2. Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK: I have a Microsoft Wedge keyboard with UK layout.However when I pair it with any device, the actual layout is US which does not correspond to the symbols on the actual keyboard, so "#" appears instead of "£" for example.How can I change the regional layout of the keyboard to...
  3. Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wedge keyboard - change layout from US to UK: I have a Microsoft Wedge keyboard with UK layout.However when I pair it with any device, the actual layout is US which does not correspond to the symbols on the actual keyboard, so "#" appears instead of "£" for example.How can I change the regional layout of the keyboard to...
  4. How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?: Hi!I have my Windows 10 set to English but with Swedish keyboard layout. I keep getting US keyboard layout added as a second choice, which creates a bit of a problem for me when gaming, since Alt+Shift switches it to US and I need to use both of these keys simultaneously...
  5. How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?: Hi!I have my Windows 10 set to English but with Swedish keyboard layout. I keep getting US keyboard layout added as a second choice, which creates a bit of a problem for me when gaming, since Alt+Shift switches it to US and I need to use both of these keys simultaneously...
  6. How to keep US Keyboard layout from reappearing?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. typing backslash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    typing backslash: hello , it seems that i dont have the backslash on my windows 10 keyboard , i tried the "alt+92" but it doesn't work , please can someone help me out : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-backslash/ba7810a1-0602-4645-9f00-db93892918c4
  8. US keyboard layout, can't type left square bracket

in Windows 10 Customization
    US keyboard layout, can't type left square bracket: Hi, so i came upon an issue when i got my new keyboard with a US layout. I am from Denmark and have been using a danish layout up until now. After switching to the US layout i cannot use the dedicated left square bracket key to type left square bracket. I can hold down shift...
  9. how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to change to us keyboard layout through console? can't type backslash: Hello, latest update broke the pc. I want to remove the latest update through console, because it keeps restarting by itself. But I can't type backslash, it shows as # . Keyboard combinations don't work either.. Can I change the keyboard layout to us from console?...
  10. HOW to type EUR () in US keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    HOW to type EUR () in US keyboard: Hi all, I have bought a US keyboard and can figure out how to type the sign (she sign is on my 5 keyboard sign) I am using windows 10 on PC I have tried: Shift+5 (gives %) Alt+Shift - give nothing Alt Gr -give nothing CTRL+Alt - also give nothing Thanks in advance...