Windows 10: How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights

Discus and support How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In Win-10, I have signed in thru User account and want to change UAC level to "Never notify". But being a Non-Administrative account I am not able to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mohamed Ashfaq, Jan 20, 2019.

1. How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights

In Win-10, I have signed in thru User account and want to change UAC level to "Never notify". But being a Non-Administrative account I am not able to change it, below default. And I need help on how to change this to "Never notify"

:)

Mohamed Ashfaq, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Florio Win User

administrator privileges...

Hi there Brink,

At the moment, the settings are on 'never notify me', but I still have to open the programs I mentioned earlier with administrator privileges. *Confused

Florio, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    User Account Control will not change in non-admin accounts

If you mean you set UAC settings to "Never notify", then:

• You won't be notified before any changes are made to your PC.
    • If you're signed in as an administrator, apps can make changes to your PC without your knowledge.
    • If you're signed in as a standard user, any changes that require administrator permissions will automatically be denied.

Brink, Jan 20, 2019
  4. How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights

Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights

1. How to change UAC privilege to "Never notify" to an account with Non-Administrative rights - Similar Threads - change UAC privilege

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  5. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  6. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  8. Administrative account with no administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrative account with no administrative privileges: Lead up I have been working on an issue where a user cannot open attachments from Outlook in Word. This problem is caused by Word not being able to access the Fonts folder, I need to change the privileges, no clue how it keeps getting changed. Problem I cannot change the...
  9. Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't keep UAC disabled (never notify): It's easy to do Enable or Disable UAC prompt for Built-in Administrator in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials (Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account = Enabled). It works for a few reboots. Then it's magically back to Disabled (and action center says "You must...
  10. Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator: I recently upgraded my W8.1 system to W10. I'm assuming my administrator password is the same as it was - I don't recall being prompted to change and save it - but, I'm never prompted for it. Instead, everytime I try to do something that requires administrative privilege...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. IISREset failing with UAC settings Never Notify