Windows 10: How to change user name in explorer

Discus and support How to change user name in explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have a PC who changed the owner, but the job role is the same. I'd like to change the owner's name in the path:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gtsolid, Mar 18, 2023.

1. gtsolid Win User

How to change user name in explorer

Hi,I have a PC who changed the owner, but the job role is the same. I'd like to change the owner's name in the path: "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\...".Is it possible to do so? or is it too complicated?

:)

gtsolid, Mar 18, 2023

2. Changing the users name

Hello George,

We appreciate your time and effort to reach out to us again.

Please be informed that Microsoft Account does not allow the User account information with only the first name.

• Follow the below steps in order to be able to change the
      User Accounts name.
    Note: You need Admin rights to do the following.

1. Press Windows Key + R combination and then type
    netplwiz in the Run dialog box. Click
    OK
    . If prompted for UAC, click Yes.

2. Now in the User Accounts window, check Users must enter a user name and password to enter this computer, if it is unchecked. In the
    User Name section, select the user name to which you want to change the name and click
    Properties.

3. In the Properties window, in the User name field, provide the desired user name. Then click
    Apply followed by OK.

• Follow the below steps to change the "This PC"
      Folder name
    1. Open File Explorer.

2. In the navigation panel, right click on This PC.

3. Type in a new name and press Enter.

4. If you have an explorer window open, then close and reopen it to fully apply.

You will now see this new name in explorer instead of the default name This PC.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 18, 2023
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Mar 18, 2023
  4. How to change user name in explorer

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

How to change user name in explorer

1. How to change user name in explorer - Similar Threads - change user name

2. How to change user name in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change user name in explorer: Hi,I have a PC who changed the owner, but the job role is the same. I'd like to change the owner's name in the path: "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\...".Is it possible to do so? or is it too complicated?...
  3. How to change user name in explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change user name in explorer: Hi,I have a PC who changed the owner, but the job role is the same. I'd like to change the owner's name in the path: "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\...".Is it possible to do so? or is it too complicated?...
  4. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  5. how to change user name folder name in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change user name folder name in file explorer: Initiated Windows in new computer with W11 pre-installed. would like to change user name to my initials, as the user name is first 4 letters in my outlook mail name...
  6. How to change User name.

How to change User name.: Running Windows 10 on a PC. I purchased a used PC as a backup. The User name on the file in which all of my data is located is "owner1". I have changed my Admin name to my name but the User name remains "owner1". When I am on a ZOOM call my name shows up as "owner1". How...
  7. How to change name of user?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change name of user?: I've had my laptop for years, but my stepfather was the one to set it up when I first got it, so almost everything is his name. For example, files are saved under "Larry." But when the computer starts up I'm signing in under my own name. And when I go to change the user's...
  8. How to change a user name

How to change a user name: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit Up to date with latest Updates. Can someone provide step-by-step procedures to change the name of a user account. For example: My current User Account is: C:\users\current I would like to change it to: C:\users\new Thank you....
  9. How to change user name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change user name?: So, the thing is that I want to change my user name on windows 10 lock screen. It is presently showing as "Sai Nikxith" and I want to change it as just "Sai" or just "Nikxith". I dont want my full name to be displayed on my lock screen. I tried to change it microsoft website...
  10. Change user name in file explorer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change user name in file explorer: New computer. Hastily set it up two days ago and have found that in file explorer there is a user named "Bogey" that appears to be the main user along with all of the associated files, and I have no clue how it happened that way. However, my first name, as administrator, is...