Windows 10: How to change user name of windows 10 mail account without deleting the account?

Discus and support How to change user name of windows 10 mail account without deleting the account? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to change user name of windows 10 mail account without deleting the account? [ATTACH] I do not want to delete the account because all messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leon316, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Leon316 Win User

How to change user name of windows 10 mail account without deleting the account?

How to change user name of windows 10 mail account without deleting the account?

How to change user name of windows 10 mail account without deleting the account? 65194f9b-02a8-4c1b-a06f-99b5a19468eb?upload=true.jpg

I do not want to delete the account because all messages are downloaded to lock disk, and couldn't download again -- the account was removed by the server. And I try to reply old mails with a different mail account/server.

:)

Leon316, Dec 12, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to change user name of windows 10 mail account without deleting the account? :(

Zakin, Dec 12, 2019
  4. kenkickr Win User

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to change user name of windows 10 mail account without deleting the account? - Similar Threads - change user name

2. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  3. Change user account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change user account name: A long time ago, I named my user andre and signed-in with my microsoft account. there was a typo and it was suppose to be andrew. now my user folder is named andre on every new PC I buy as I have to sign in with a MSFT account. Anyway to fix this?...
  4. Changing names of user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing names of user accounts: Is it OK to change the name of a user in the ‘users’ section of File Explorer inside This PC/Windows? I have one listed as ‘new user’ and would rather give it a more meaningful name....
  5. Change name of user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change name of user account: I have an admin user account named "Admin". After I created it, I linked it with my Microsoft account which bears the name of "Shmuel". However, the system still calls the account "Admin". For instance, the path is C:\Users\Admin I want to change the name to "Shmuel", because...
  6. User name profile change but user account was deleted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User name profile change but user account was deleted: I was trying to change the name of my account by regedit.exe, I did it but I used command promt to run it, but now my user account disappeared and all my data as well, I can't find anything...
  7. User Account Name Change

User Account Name Change: Final result of this whole process: JUST CREATE A NEW USERNAME AND START ALL OVER. Weird/odd things keep popping up. The sound issue, random program errors, and random instability with Windows (I clicked the wifi button in notifications to turn it off the other day to move...
  8. How to change Account Name and User Name?

How to change Account Name and User Name?: I am the sole user of my pc. Under Settings/Accounts my name is:- John Smith my email address Administrator Q1 How do I change this to just:- Pete Administator? Under This PC I have drives C, F and G In C the user is called John In F user called Pete In G...
  9. Change user account name?

Change user account name?: Having created a Msoft admin account in form, say, def7936@...., I then created a local account with admin powers, which I called Forename. However I see that all my local account documents are in C:\users\def79, an abbreviation of the Msoft version, not Forename, as desired....
  10. Change User Name of Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change User Name of Account in Windows 10: How to: Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 How to Change User Name of an Account in Windows 10 The user name of an account is used to identify the account in Windows. For example, on the sign-in screen. This tutorial will show you how to change the name of any...